Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Good weekend? ohhhhh yes :D
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Elfin are you actually turning up?

There’s been some worrying developments at chez Yeti and there’s talk of me getting Yeti nabbed at 6am Saturday morning and taken to North Wales… any chance we can all meet at Coed Y Brenin?

cinnamon_girl

Apologies for shouting. 😳

Who are these sexy people you are referring to?

Exactly what sort of a ride is this going to be? (Apart from mandatory suede jackets, for the blokes it would appear). 😉

cinnamon_girl

TSY – please don’t be shy, Auntie C_G takes care of everyone. 🙂

FCOL you don’t really expect us to believe that tosh about North Wales do you? 🙄

Chicken …

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Grrrr!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

cinnamon_girl

Oh yes … I love it when you do that 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

hahaha!

Auntie C_G I’ve wanted to meet some of the characters off here for ages now, 2 days of riding in Nth Wales is the only thing I’d contemplate not being their for!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Who are these sexy people you are referring to?

Me, innit! 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Chicken.

You realise you’ll have to tell Dez, I expect he even had his suede jacket dry-cleaned especially. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh.

FML!

Why do two buses always come along at once!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

….and how do you know exactly how to make me do something!?

cinnamon_girl

Honour your original commitment, simples.

What does FML mean?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fk My Life.

There’s a whole website dedicated to people who think that they got problems in their lives that goes by the same acronym.

cinnamon_girl

No need for me to check that out!

Have you told phil? It’s his first Forum Ride too, he’s no chicken! 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

there’s only one way to express my feelings on your indecision TSY… and thats in internet cat form:

you was even going to be invited over the night before to make it easier and save getting up in the morning on sunday to travel…. but alas its obvious you dont love us anymore.

cinnamon_girl

Yeah, reckon TSY wants to be as elusive as that Captain Flashheart.

Fraud. 🙄

(He’s lost ‘His Awesomeness’ tag).

philconsequence
    Free Member

is it me or does the world look a little bit greyer today? as if someone has come along and sucked all the colour and fun out of it….

oh yes… that’d be you TSY!

*bursts into tears and runs into the corner to carve “WHY?!” into my arm with a paperclip*

cinnamon_girl

phil – do not fret as there are plenty of STW legends attending, notwithstanding yourself. 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

North Wales will have to wait then won’t it.

Honour your original commitment, simples.

That’d seemingly be the Awesome thing to do.

DezB
    Free Member

Coed Y Brenin or Swinley? Coed Y Brenin or Swinley? Ooh, must be a right dilemma there! Not!
    Don’t worry, I’m sure we can still ride Swinley without my dream boat man being there. Or arrange it for another day, when I won’t be hungover from my work Christmas do?

[edit]Blimey, Swinley won?

Torminalis
    Free Member

That’d seemingly be the Awesome thing to do.

Yes it would.

What has Wales go that Swinley forest hasn’t got anyway? Aside from hills… and views… and rocks… and well, you get the idea. There is a sexy teddy bears picnic going down and you would be a fool to miss it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah, how about we do it the week after???????

Torminalis
    Free Member

who? Swinley folk or Sheep bothering folk?

cinnamon_girl

Teddy bears picnic? Really? Tell me more. 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

right thats it yeti, im driving up to wallingford this afternoon, if i smell yeti fur within 10 miles i’m coming to find you and slap you

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Really wish I could make this, but I’m skint, christmas is coming, and I havent accumulated enough man points in order for mrs mitch to send me off with a cheery fare thee well. Bugger!

philconsequence
    Free Member

sorry b’mitch, swinley isn’t a proper trail centre with graded runs… there’s no wheelchair/zimmer specific trails.

(tis a shame indeed…. i’m sure if all gos well and the police dont get involved we’ll organise another one in ze new year/early spring….)

philconsequence
    Free Member

so decided yet yeti? (was being serious about the offer of enjoying the comfort of a sofa the night before at mine to make getting up on a sunday morning less horrific)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil, I’m torn, and your generous offer makes me feel all the more of an asrehloe for even considering not turning up.

The STWer in me says Swinley, the MTBer says Nth Wales.

lexiekay
    Free Member

I can’t make this (unless it magically changes to being on the Saturday!) but would definitely be up for doing another forum swinley ride at some point soon – whenever I go there I end up getting lost… 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

The STWer in me says Swinley, the MTBer says Nth Wales

Swinley it is then!

toab
    Free Member

Oooh, I don’t know my way round Swinely yet – can I come too?

I’m a bit slow and I still get a bit nervous about things (big drops, jumps, small drops, things that are too steep, small children etc.) but I’m up for having a go.

cinnamon_girl

sorry b’mitch, swinley isn’t a proper trail centre with graded runs… there’s no wheelchair/zimmer specific trails.

Oi! Is this a reference to age? Is there an age limit for the ride then? Cos if it is I’m gonna get cross. 👿

barnsleymitch – it’s a shame you can’t make it but rest assured that other Swinley locals do not discriminate!

cinnamon_girl

phil – would be worth emphasising to folk to allow plenty of time to park and, if needs be, use the Coral Reef car park. I will bring along the STW banner. 8)

Happy to be sweeper for an hour or so, please reassure your missus that everything will be fine. No pressure on anyone to do things they are not happy with as it’s all about having fun. 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

everyones welcome 🙂 i do not discriminate and anyone who does will be shunned with all the shun i can muster!

i was being serious about turning up in full on DH pyjamas and riding a carrera… will even wear a big rucksack 😀 that way everyone else can relax knowing nobody will look as silly as me and have broken so many unwritten rules of MTB!

allowing time for parking is a good point, any other hints and tips, or requests etc get them into this thread now so i can make notes before starting a dedicated ride thread on the weekend 🙂

and yes if all gos well, it will definitely be repeated!

DezB
    Free Member

any other hints and tips

Don’t get in my way!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

oh and it was a references to old man mitch’s age 😆

i fully expect that when he can make it down for a group mess around he’ll come down armoured up with mobility aids and a warm thermos full of lactulose

(big drops, jumps, small drops, things that are too steep, small children etc.)

these things you list…. they sound horrific! 🙂 it’ll be fine, think a few of us are at the same level!

cinnamon_girl

An idea of numbers would help cos if there’s too many, we’ll need to split into groups. As an example, at last year’s Winter Ride when the temperature was minus 7 degrees, we had over 50 riders!

Would suggest maximum number for a group is 12. You can get quite strung out on the singletrack.

Do you have a route in mind? If you do, it would help if you could let me know (e-mail in profile). For example, I would suggest heading over to Deer Stalker/Labyrinth near the beginning of the ride. That is the furthest part of the Forest so don’t want to be over there when the light fades.

Will you be making a trip back to the Cafe or not? Again, folk worry about their stomachs so will need to know!

Torminalis
    Free Member

Good lord, this is all getting very serious. Routes? Groups? Numbers?

My personal preference with regards to the rules/guidelines:

If you are not there by 11:45, we are going without you.
    Route will be decided upon the day.
    If many turn up, we will break into groups, otherwise we can all pootle off together.
    Post ride feast in the cafe around start of dusk.

I say turn up and work it out from there, it is after all supposed to be a social ride for our man Timothius who is now very conspicuous in his absence. If you are there mate and fancy going out for a burn, let us know. You would be most welcome.

singletrackmind

We can maybe run with 15 riders? This is a social pre chrimbo pootle , so no need for FSA all the time.
    Dont forget you will need to pay , either on the day ,or online in advance.
    Ride 12.00 – 15.00 ( approx) on lots of snigletrack.
    Eat cake and hot chocolate .
    Return home in nice warm car, with silly cheesy grin in place.
    Nb.- There might be a few bottles of beer , for that evenings product evaluation of course , at the end of the day.
    Living the dream!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Good weekend? ohhhhh yes :D’ is closed to new replies.