Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Good weather forecasting sites?
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

…Other than metcheck and the BBC. Does anyone have a favourite?

Thanks

retro83
    Free Member

metoffice.gov.uk

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Metoffice, then use the data to forecast your own!
    The rainfall radar is particulary useful

jam-bo

did you mean sites that only forecast good weather?

anjs
    Free Member

theweatheroutlook.com

marty
    Free Member
    WackoAK
    Free Member

2nd Marty’s link – it always the one I use for snowboarding in Scotland and it’s normally spot on.

headfirst
    Free Member

windguru can be handy

windowshopper
    Free Member
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Surely if they were any good they’d all say the same thing and it wouldn’t matter which you used?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

(getting quite unreliable)

hollow laughter

grumm
    Free Member

Mountain Rescue mostly use mwis, according to my mum’s partner who’s in the Langdale team.

Metcheck is quite handy for general weather imo.

uplink
    Free Member

If you want accurate weather forecasts for the UK for more than 48hrs in advance – try here

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

.. Nonsense Uplink. That’s a very dated opinion. UK Met office charts these days can be remarkably good, and have improved enormously over the last 20 years. It’s easy to knock them. perhaps you have to have been a weather nut for a long time to have seen the very real improvements.

Last bank holiday weather was pretty much spot on the forecast for the whole weekend, and it had been looking that way from the beginning of the previous week. You must be prepared to ignore many (typical) radio headlines, and look through the dross at the real data.

uplink
    Free Member

The forecast that I see on the BBC most nights that looks forward 3- 4 days often changes as the day in question gets closer
    On Sunday’s forecast they had rain forecast for here this morning – it’s still wall to wall blue sky as yet

I still don’t think anything over 48hrs is accurate enough to rely on

BTW – I’m not knocking them or wanting anything else – it was merely an observation

druidh
    Free Member

Another vote for MWIS – if you’re in the coverage area.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Good weather forecasting sites?’ is closed to new replies.