• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ton.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Good waterproof trousers.
  • ton

looking for a good pair of breathable waterproof overtrousers, for me and the wife.
    to be used on the road for touring. easy on and offable would be good.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’m not sure you’ll both fit.

… Try the fish.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I love my Sprayway All Day Rainpants – not cycle specific and need a strap round the ankle, but stretch fabric and so comfortable. 🙂

somafunk

Berghaus Paclite Goretex trousers are the only choice, full length waterproof zips up to top of thigh so you can have them open at the top if you need extra venting or close them off for all day rain sessions – very easy to get on/off due to full zips and pretty much every review gives top marks.

Andy Howells review here

Review of 10 waterproof trousers here – berghaus comes out on top.

You can pick them up for between £60 to £70 if you hunt around.

jacob46
    Free Member

if you can afford to come off your bike then go and buy a new pair of berghaus that’s brill, but I use EX army issue camo goretex trousers which are the toughest you can buy.

http://www.springfields.co.uk/clothing/trousers/military/soldier-95-gore-tex-trousers.html

merynella
    Free Member

The trouble is, sitting on a wet saddle seems to force the water through the waterproofing eventually. Happened with goretex ex-army trousers and Berghaus waterproofs.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

+1 for Army Goretex trousers.

I have one pair cut down into long shorts and one full length pair.

£10- £12 off Ebay or ex-MOD website.

badllama
    Free Member

Altura Attack Trousers have NEVER let me down, quality kit.

Same pair now for 2 years communting and riding weekends.

BUT let them dry out hanging full length as knee section get damp through sweat (with me anyway) and get stinky if you just leave them rolled up or thrown over somewhere folded.

ton

ex army camo goretex are fantastic for offroading, but these are going to be used for road touring, worn for long periods of time.

the sprayway and berghaus both look ideal, I will take a look at those for starters

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Good waterproof trousers.’ is closed to new replies.