Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Good video of Surrey Hills trails
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Does anyone know of a good quality MTB video of the surrey hills trails??

Trying to convince a mate to come on a ride and need some video evidence!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

done a couple of searches on youtube but only found slightly poor quality headcam footage etc.

Bert
    Free Member

'Butahada' on Youtube has some good quality videos.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    loddrik
    Free Member

Show him something from the Wales and pretend it is the Surrey Hills……

freeridenick
    Free Member
    leeroybrown
    Free Member
    scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks like bloody good fun to me! Might go down in the week 🙂 Is it easy to find the good bits of singletrack etc?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

As a starter I'd pop into Nirvana Cycles in Westcott and buy a Holmbury map. Worth asking the fella in the Peaslake shop as well.

jedi

surrey hills are not better than wales… oh no not a chance ever….

grantway
    Free Member

True but nothing else touches it out side surrounded parts of London

freeridenick
    Free Member

joolsburger
    Free Member

Afan had better be better than SH as I'm going there on the 23rd and have high expectations.

njee20
    Free Member

Comparing the marked trails I'd rather ride around the Surrey Hills than Afan! I'm sure there's some 'off the beaten track' stuff around Afan, but the 3 trails aren't that amazing IMO. Good every now and then, but I'd sooner have the Surrey Hills on my doorstep!

Most stuff looks rubbish in videos, just tell your mate to stop being a pansy and come down for a ride.

joolsburger
    Free Member

We are doing Whytes and The wall on day one then something else on day two. To be honest I am wondering if two days in the hills will be a better bet..

njee20
    Free Member

The only other trail is Skyline, which is pretty long, with A LOT of fireroad. Whites/Skyline have a good interesting climb, the Wall is a very dull slog up a long fireroad, although if you do it as a combined ride with Whites you miss out a chunk.

There's some very good riding there, a lot of the singletrack is brilliant, but it's interspersed with some very long, very dull bits.

glenp
    Free Member

If you can bear another hour in the car then Brechfa is a hoot jools. Does make a long journey though. Cwmcarn is worth a visit on the way back too. All of Afan is more than alright, Skyline included (just because it isn't 40km of singletrack doesn't mean it isn't good in its own way).

Having said that, I do believe if you got Yogurt Pots and stuck it on the middle of Whytes at Afan the internet would be buzzing about it!

njee20
    Free Member

Agree Brechfa is good, not done the red, but did the black and the green/blue in February. Probably preferred the green/blue, just for the really fast flowing stuff, but there were some great bits on the black too. Doing both was only a couple of hours riding.

Would choose a day at Afan and a day at Brechfa myself I reckon!

There's a good Surrey Hills vid on the Dialled Bikes Facebook page.

grantway
    Free Member

Jools Burger Il be seeing you at Afan mate
    5 of us will be there on Friday and Saturday then
    onto Cwm Carn
    I dont rate Afan for that one way up climb.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Good video of Surrey Hills trails’ is closed to new replies.