Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Good Value or Cheap (Cargo Trailer Content)
  • wombat

Has anyone got/tried one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-CARGO-Bicycle-Bike-Trailer-Single-Wheel-SILVER-/130427030624?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item1e5e0e8c60

It appears to be a Bob Yak "tribute" but much much cheaper

spev

That looks the same as the ADventure CT1 as sold by Madison

we had them in the shop and they seemed quite well made and pretty robust

mr_stru

Also looks like the one you get from edinburgh bicycle. The one I got from there seems fine although only been used for shopping.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I have the Adventure version and it's good enough. Well built, but I've never seen a BOB to compare them. Likewise, I use mine mostly for the shopping run. Seems durable. I think I paid £125 for mine a couple of years ago.

13thfloormonk

I think if you wanted it for off-road duties you would want to carry a wee spanner and a couple of spare nuts and bolts, plus i seem to remember the skewers weren't the best for banging around.

Thankfully you can modify a BOB skewer (much stronger design) to work with these trailers.

The catch that holds the trailer onto the skewer also didn't look 100% off road capable, you might want to consider modifying it.

spooky_b329

I have the £125 Edinburgh cycles (Revolution) version. The bag hasn't got taped seams so budget for some drybags if you want to go out in the wet. Mine has a plastic lever at the main pivot, on the ebay auction it shows a metal one which is good as I broke mine after some over-zealous strapping of cargo.

We went on a two day trip with some friends, we had two Revolution trailers and a bob between us, we did some swapping of trailers as there was another trailer purchase planned and we weren't sure whether the Bob was worth the extra.

I think the general feedback was the Bob is lighter, but the Revolution had a less fiddly connection to the bike (think the Bob uses some sort of pin which can get lost) is cheaper, folds flat into its own bag, but is a bit more rattly and a bit heavier.

The folding flat feature is a godsend as its a bulky bit of kit.

wombat

Thanks for that guys, am quite tempted by one of these, not for significant offroad use but for general purpose/shopping/light touring duties.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Good Value or Cheap (Cargo Trailer Content)’ is closed to new replies.