Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good trails for kids in Wales or the Borders?
  • chrispo
    Free Member

I want to take my children (10 and 11) for 2 or 3 days of MTBing somewhere in Wales this summer, ideally based in one centre.

They love the Brechfa Green/Blue and also the new Blue at Coed y Brenin – but are there any other easy trails that deliver that much fun?

If we go to CyB, is there anything else there they could do?

Alternatively, do any of the new bike parks have a variety of easy lines? I know they would enjoy Afan Bike Park, except for the climb up there…

At present they’re limited more by stamina than technical ability – a short Red would be fine, as they’re quite happy messing around on bits of the Black at Brechfa.

Any thoughts?

chrispo
    Free Member

Anyone?

core

Nant yr Arian has family trails [/url]

as does forest of Dean

cakefacesmallblock

Forest of Dean has the blue Verderers trail, with Ashton Court just over the bridge in Bristol.

chrispo
    Free Member

Thanks. NyA and other “family trails” are too easy, but FoD is a good shout, I’d forgotten about that.

greeble
    Free Member

hopton woods loop is a blast. and FOD

philwarren11
    Free Member

BikeParkWales when it opens August 24th. Uplift the blues all day long, they’ll love it.

nolan
    Free Member

Having previously riden Brechfa and CYB Minotaur trail I took my son (9 at the time) around Pendam at NYA which was fine. We also rode Cwm Rhaeder which was a bit of a long fireroad climb up for him but then the downhill made up for it. Also if you’re in the FOD the Freeminer red trail is worth a look. It is shorter and rootier than the Verdeers but is a fun trail.

Stoner
    Free Member

ive not ridden them personally but gather these might fit the bill
    http://www.coedtrallwm.co.uk/64.html

lovely area to go anyway – esp irfon valley above abergwesyn.

chrispo
    Free Member

Hopton – way too hilly!
    Merthyr – will have to see what’s there once it’s open
    Trallwm – I race there regularly, again too hilly
    Rhaeadr – brilliant but hard to loop back and session
    Pendam – yes, forgot about that

It’d be good to have 2-3 trails in one place, so will look into FoD, but maybe we’ll do a road trip to several centres, we’d pass 2 or 3 on the way there and back anyway

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good trails for kids in Wales or the Borders?’ is closed to new replies.