Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Good tips for boosting motivation
  • dja25
    Free Member

Just been reading this article about ten products for boosting flagging motivation. Some good ones in there. What’s your best tips for overcoming low motivation levels?

Simon

I don’t think anything could motivate me to get out road riding 😉

crosshair
    Free Member

You definately need an event to focus your training on- even if it’s only a fun ride.

Some banging tunes on your ipod is a great help.

Someone to train with/against is always handy as is competing against yourself.

For me, struggling to beat my average speed on a there and back 20miler was great motivation although tough to maintain what with variations in wind etc.

Making upgrades/tweaks to your bike/gear/accessories is also a great excuse to go out for a play.

ampthill

So 9 product placements and a good idea

Work towards a goal.

For me know more complex than I’m going for a ride with Sophie in May and I don’t want to look too much of an idiot…

jam-bo

I have a 14 month old son, a busy job and a long list of unfinished DIY. This is all the motivation I need to ride when I rarely get the oppurtunity.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

New bike?

thefaller
    Free Member

The thought of kicking my mates arse’s on climbs if i keep riding loads is all i need to motivate me.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Enter an event next summer that is way above your current fitness or ability level.

Then every time you want to cut short a ride, or not bother going out, say to yourself “If I can’t do this, then I won’t be able to do that”. May not work for everyone, but certainly did for me.

mattjg
    Free Member

Surely if you’re motivated enough to follow tips to get motivated, you’re already motivated?

grahamt1980

Realising that there are a hell of a lot of people who do not have any chance of doing what you can do.

charliedontsurf

Follow chicks in Lycra on climbs.

I did one really fast lap at the single speed worlds in Germany, following the lady who eventually dropped me and won.

sc-xc

I did that Charlie. Dusk til dawn one year, my mate and I had failing lights on the last lap. Focused on a great arse in team lycra… We made sure we kept behind her, enjoying both the peachy view and the beam I her light.

We both stole a glance at her face at the end of the lap. He didn’t look happy to see us staring.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Good tips for boosting motivation’ is closed to new replies.