Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Good time to buy a bike direct from Europe!
  • athgray
    Free Member

Just been on Canyon website. Noticed that the AM 6 is £1379. That’s the cheapest I have seen it. The Euro seems to be on the slide a bit against the pound.

monkeyboyjc

yep – could have saved £70 on my AL 29 8.9…

johnnystorm

My Al29 8.9 arrives tomorrow. £10 off in the week I pondered over it before buying. Then another £20 off while I’ve awaited delivery. I’m not going to look again in case it’s cheaper again!

j40aja
    Free Member

Going to be ordering a Nerve XC8.0 in the next week or so.

There is a 6 week delay from ordering, when do you pay for the bike and is it at the exchange rate when you order it or at the rate when you pay for the bike?

athgray
    Free Member

The price you pay is the price when you order. I have had a canyon AM6 for a month. Already £60 cheaper than when I ordered 6 weeks ago. I shouldn’t look.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The pound is only going to get stronger against the Euro for the next few weeks too

j40aja
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

I can’t wait much longer for the price to come down as I’ve got a biking trip planned for the end of July.

When do they take the money from your card/account?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

When do they take the money from your card/account?

In my case – the day after I placed the order.

j40aja
    Free Member

In my case – the day after I placed the order.

How close to the delivery date was that?

I have heard that it’s about a week before it gets sent out. I guess everyone will be different depending on availablity dates from canyon.

johnnystorm

Instant availability means a week in reality. Don’t forget to factor in the £50 quid extra for delivery.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I saw someone predicting that the rate would be back to ‘normal’ by Christmas as investors sell euros and buy £.

j40aja
    Free Member

I know that it takes a week to arrive.
    The model I’m after says available wk 25, this being the end of wk 19.

I just don’t know if they’ll take the money when ordering or a week before dispatch.

emmodd
    Free Member

Apart from the usual suspects – Canyon, YT Industries, Ghost, Rose who else in Europe does direct sales? I’ve seen various good looking Italian, Spanish and Portuguese bikes in pics from trade shows and wondered if anyone did any good deals?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Good time to buy a bike direct from Europe!’ is closed to new replies.