Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Good tent reccomendations please
  • Mugboo

We want stand up height as you walk in with a decent sized bedroom and sewn in groundsheet.

We thought we had it sorted with the Vango Orchy 500 but reviews suggest it blows down too easily.

We have a Vango Colarado 600 dlx but only the bedrooms have sewn in ground sheets so this leaves the huge main area open to midges.

the-muffin-man

This…

http://www.yeomansoutdoors.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=3877

or this…

http://www.yeomansoutdoors.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=1402

…plenty of space, all the features you need and great build quality.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Breckenridge 400Try and find this, fully sewn in groundsheet, doesn't move in big winds.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jester
    Free Member

We have Vango Diablo 900, it's Huge, you could try the Vango Diablo 600.

Outwell tents are good but a bit more expensive.

takisawa2

Sewn-In groundsheet throughout, standing height throughout, decent bedroom(s)…got to be an Outwell Montana 6 like ours…

Admittedly, they're not cheap; but well worth it.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Outwell.

We have 2, My Mam has one, My brother-in-law has one. All just back from a long weekend in Bakewell, loads of rain, no leaks, no mini-beasts, they're ace tents.

takisawa2

Sorry. Double post.

Mugboo

Thanks, Diablo on our shortlist as are Outwell, any others?

surfer
    Free Member

Just come back from Camp Bestival and one of the team had the Orchy 500, seemed quite good although a bit fiddly to put up.

Second the Outwell they are very good.

stumpy01

I've got an Orchy 600. We used it for a week in Cornwall last yr when it did almost nothing but tip it down & it was great. It's a little bigger than the 500.
    It takes a while to put up as it's a big tent, but I don't think it's any more difficult than other large tents of a similar design.
    It's got plenty of living space, sleeping space & room to stash kit.
    It's rated as a 6 man, but really for comfort I wouldn't want more than 4 adults in it.

Not sure about the 'blowing down' aspect, but it survived some quite strong winds/storms and never felt unstable.
    It's got a full built in groundsheet with bits that unclip so you don't trip over it when you have the doors open. I like the fact that the dome part of it is the living area, where you spend most of your time, and the sloping area towards the back is the sleeping area, although even in there it's still plenty high enough….

This year we bought a large canopy extension for it, but have yet to try that out & we also bought the footprint groundsheet as well just to keep the groundsheet clean & make it quicker to put away.

SammyC
    Free Member

First test of our SunnCamp Vulcan over the weekend, bloody brilliant once up but it is a two man job putting it up:

Yes, it is black and yes that does make it extra rad. 😉

footstomper
    Free Member

I have one of these, they are warm in cold weather and cool in summer. front section for cooking storing bikes, middle section for eating relaxing then bedrooms at the end. 😀

null

ebygomm
    Free Member

I don't think any big tent will be 100% secure in very windy weather

Even the big Outwells can blow away in the summer in England

theflatboy
    Free Member

I don't think any big tent will be 100% secure in very windy weather

i reckon this one's a fair bet:

🙂

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I have a Vango Orchy 400, the 500 is basically just a bit longer & wider.
    We used it a few weeks ago when it rained & the wind blew all weekend and although initially worried how well it would stand up I was very impressed at how stable it is.

If they've blowing over or something then they're not pegging them out properly – there are quite a lot of points to peg down & enough guy ropes to make sure it goes nowhere.

The Outwell Nevada 4 is a good alternative – a little sturdier, similar construction, etc, but a bit more expensive for the little extra design touches they've used;

I got the Orchy coz I couldn't afford the Nevada.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Good tent reccomendations please’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts