Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Good square taper bottom bracket?
  • sideshow
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a decent square taper cartridge bottom bracket? Nothing too splish but sensibly good, (ie like deore cogs and brakes). The UN55 seems to sell well on CRC, is that any good? Or way too cheap?

My last BB lasted less than a year before developing a wobble that I think is hilarious, but many would think terminal.

Yak

UN55 is fine. They last for years.

amedias
    Free Member

UN5X is a good option, they’re cheap, they’re tough they’re not a overly heavy but not light.

To get anything appreciably better you have to spend a lot more than the £10 – £12 a UN5X costs.

UN55 is fine. They last for years.

or a single race if the conditions are bad enough 🙁

I just put them in, ride them until dead, repeat, soemtimes it’s years, other times it’s less, but at just over a tenner and maintenance free you can’t go far wrong. I do miss the old UN7X and UN9X models though but sadly getting almost impossible to find new now.

gonzy
    Free Member

UN55 should do the job for you
    i used a UN53 for over 10 years without any problems. when i sold it, it was still spinning smoothly

edhornby

I have a UN54 in my commuter (fixed gear road bike) that has been thrashed through numerous winters – completely impervious

towzer

cheeky post

I have a un71 marked 1.37 and 73, measures at 122.5,brand new, old spare that will never be used, drop us a mail if interested

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Good square taper bottom bracket?’ is closed to new replies.