• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by NZCol.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Good single malt deals?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

It’s that time of year again when I get a few bottles for whisky loving friends.

Sub £30 per bottle

Any recommendations?

NZCol

Tesco had a couple recently, Cardhu Gold and Dalwhinnie both 25 quid

Cougar

What do they like?

coconut
    Free Member

Highland Park – £25 ish on deal at moment, very easy going whisky.

doris5000

not much of a discount but after tasting this in a restaurant last week i immediately ordered a bottle – a steal for £29 IMO

http://www.marksandspencer.com/glen-scotia-double-cask-campbeltown-single-malt-single-bottle/p/p60093415?&pdpredirect

it’s rich and caramely – so don’t buy it if your friends prefer the smokey, peaty stuff!

chakaping
    Free Member

Laphroaig 10 was well under £30 in tesco the week before last. If your friends don’t like that, drop them.

johnners
    Free Member

Laphroaig 10 or Select if they like peaty, Bowmore Small Batch if they like peaty-ish, Aberlour 12 if they like fruit cakey. All in Tesco (and probably elsewhere) for £25ish and a steal at that price. If you want whiskey Woodford Reserve is very nice and on offer at Waitrose for £22.

Or check out the HUKD roundup of supermarket deals to see what’s on offer and where, it doesn’t have a huge selection of malts but it’s pretty useful.

philtricklebank

This year’s The Ileach did very well at our once yearly whisky club. Peaty and loads of depth. £28. Came second only to Laphroig Quarter Cask, but that was £33

Scapegoat

Jura Superstition is about £25 a bottle at most supermarkets right now. Easy going and suits my palate. Highland Park “down to” £25 just about everywhere. Jura 10 year old origin not peaty, but nice enough nevertheless is about £28. Read a review that put Sainsbury taste the difference Speyside Malt high on the list, can you go wrong at twenty quid?

cheers_drive

Bushmills single is on offer in Sainsburys

mrlugz
    Free Member

Auchentoshan is on amazon for £20 at the minute.

mikey74
    Free Member

Waitrose have Talisker reduced to £25 at the moment.

jwt
    Free Member

The Aldi Speyside barcodes as Glenlivet on MyFitnessPal and is £18 a bottle and rather nice even if it isn’t Glenlivet.

breninbeener

Auchentoshan is £20 at tesco at the mo. They also had a deal on a couple Laphroaig bottles but it would be too peaty for the recipient in question.

NZCol

Also check Amazon, i got a few bottles recently that were well reduced

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Good single malt deals?’ is closed to new replies.