Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Good shoes for wide feet?
  • miketbrown
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend good shoes for wide feet?
    I’ve tried loads over the years and the initial fitting is nearly always painful (too tight) until they stretch a little. Something with good ankle protection too if possible…

Cheers

mtbfix

Specialized stuff, assuming you’re talking bike shoes.

zilog6128

I’ve always found Lakes come up quite wide plus they have a specific wide option for a lot of their shoes.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Lake, Sidi and Himano all do wide fit if you search around…..I have racing shoes in Sidi, winter boots from Lake and two pairs of Shimano AM style shoes. I’m size 12-13 wide fit and they are plenty wide enough.

jimdubleyou

Or Spesh. They seem to fit my “spent too long in flip flops” feet.

hugo
    Free Member

I’ve also got hobbit feet. Spesh and Shimano (watch for their ridiculous interpretation of euro shoe sizes) seem to be more than wide enough.

I’ve got:
    These Shimano and and these Specialized

Both very comfortable.

Trying on is best bet of course, as I’m sure everyone will rightly say. Nice to know where to start.

hatter

Sidi mega’s, smashing bits of kit.

kevin1911

Anyone know if Gaerne shoes come up narrow or wide? Specifically the G.nemy?

lardman
    Free Member

I’m with Hugo, Spesh and Shimano all come up a little wider than normal.
    whereas 5.10’s were very tight on me.

I ride these….
    SHimano DX
    which are great for my wide feet….

miketbrown
    Free Member

Sorry I should also have said that I have ‘fallen’ (i.e. completely collapsed) arches too. Imagine hobbit feet without the hair & kind of shrunk. I’ve found Spesh to be wide enough but have very high, stiff inside arches (its like standing on golf balls).

philholmes
    Free Member

I have wide and flat feet, for clipless shoes I use Mavic Alpine XL SPD shoes which are nice and roomy, for flats I use 5:10 impacts, have used short and medium pairs before and they are again comfy.

The mavics come up slightly small, the bike-import site recommends going one EU size up which i did and they are very comfy.

For road I use Shimano R107, again nice and roomy but can be tightened nicely

wwaswas

you can always get Specialized shoes and a custom insole?

hugo
    Free Member

I’ve found Spesh to be wide enough but have very high, stiff inside arches

True fact, although the stiffness depends on the sole somewhat – carbon, etc, yada yada.

I’ve got high arches so happy with this personally.

kcal

On the whole, Specialized shoes seem to just work more often, without recourse to silly sizing, than Shimano stuff. Don’t have experience of any other makes though.

Clobber
    Free Member

Shimano WIDE fitting ftw!

hugo
    Free Member

without recourse to silly sizing

Agreed, size 46 Shimano, size 44 rest of the world. I think everyone now knows that their sizing is so out of whack that they have to stick with it.

dbcooper
    Free Member

I have very wide feet, 6 long but often need an 8 for width. Spesh Tahoe size 40 fit me perfectly.

binners

As a pasty-footed baboon myself, another vote for Spesh Tahoes. Northwaves are nice and wide too

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Good shoes for wide feet?’ is closed to new replies.