Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Good route for me and the missus avec picnic in Central Scotland/trossachs etc?
  • manilow
    Free Member

Hi guys, got a few days off so would like to go out with my other half on the bikes.

We’re in Central Scotland so looking for something in the Perth/Trossachs area but could also head south to borders direction – prob no more than 1h30 mins drive.

We’ve done the Glen Finglas loop before, which although was fire road/LR trails was a bit tough on her due to the climb in the middle – this was my first choice, but this was met with “not sure” face!

So something where we can be out for 3/4 hours on not overly technical/fire road with great scenery, and to stop and have a sarnie would be great. Think Pentlands-esque, but somewhere different as we’ve done that a number of times

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

grey

How about Gypsy Glen,big fire road climb at the start from Cardrona though, then a little bit of single track, picnic time at the top then downhill all the way to Peebles on the old drovers road. Fantastic if the weather stays this good.
    If you want a totally non technical ride with nice scenery the loop round the new Loch Leven path is good and plenty of options for stopping for a picnic or cafe stop.

grey

Oops double post.

towzer

I was planning a loch katrine loop with steam boat out or back for a gf
    trip
    http://www.lochkatrine.com/loch-cruises/ and track to n of loch

scotroutes

Loch Katrine is a very good call. Or any of the tracks south of Loch Ard. It’s not hard to make a decent loop in there.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What about a simple climb up Glen Ogle on the cycle path and back? Yes, it’s up a great big hill but scenery wise it’s pretty good.

geoffj

Bankfoot>Birnam hill>River Tay>Hermitage>Glengarr>Bankfoot
    Extend at River Tay / Dunkeld / Hermitage (including possible Loch Ordie loop) if required.

Fat-boy-fat

Dunkeld loop for sure. I’d start from Dunkeld, not Bankfoot though.

geoffj

I’d start from Dunkeld, not Bankfoot though.

Glengarr to Bankfoot via Meikle Obney makes a great final downhill section though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Good route for me and the missus avec picnic in Central Scotland/trossachs etc?’ is closed to new replies.