Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Good Rims to get??
  • chrisjnr
    Free Member

Got a new bike the other day, came with Ritchey OCR wheels, reviews say that they’re not the best rims out there, I want to replace them, not sure when though and what with. Any advice??

leffeboy

Any advice??

ignore reviews?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Good advice. Wreck them first, the worry about what to get instead.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Thanks, any advice on seats to get, the current boardman saddle is incredibly uncomfortable, I think you would agree that I can hardly waid til’ I wreck that. I am looking at a Charge Spoon sadddle any better options?

Northwind

Charge Spoon’s a good default option… Saddles are a personal thing and you might hate it but it’s not too expensive and if you don’t rate it, you’ll be able to sell it on for almost the same as what you paid for it (Don’t buy a Gusset R, it’s the exact same saddle but not as resellable)

Some saddles do bed in so it might improve but not always.

Junkyard
    Free Member

saddles are either pesonal or you will put up with anything. I can ride anything as long as there is very little padding I find padding uncomfortable
    rims depends on budget and weight and tubless or not No tubes IMHO

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Another question, will Hope SAW rotors 180mm fit with avid elixir R brakes?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I have hope saw rotors running on my Elixir cr’s and X0 brakes

Northwind

But then that’s another “why change it”.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

ah, thats good i fancy getting a set for the front wheel. How does a graphite grey + brown/gold colour scheme sound to you lot?

cullen-bay
    Free Member

doesnt matter when its covered in ****

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Pardon my want for a good-looking bike ‘cullen-bay’. 😛 In between now and summer the majority of the riding that I have/ will do, will be on the roads where people will (more likely than not) be present and the bike will not be submerged beneath a thick layer of **** (as you phrase it) unlike, that which seems to be particularly prevalent among you adepts in the sport. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Good Rims to get??’ is closed to new replies.