Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Good reliable washing machine sought – do all the intellegent features work.
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

Our 15 year old Bosch washing machine has finally died beyond repair.

I have heard lots of people recommending a new basic model bosch with upto 8kg capacity.

http://www.johnlewis.com/bosch-exxcel-waq283s0gb-washing-machine-8kg-load-a-energy-rating-1400rpm-spin-white/p231614929#default

My concern is due to the new breed of intelegent machines that adjust things to suit what it thinks about the load. Is it possible to stop it thinking and just wash a standard hour ish cycle. I have read a few reviews about machines not spinning well because it detected an offset load and reduced the spin speed.

In my world washing is pretty easy but drying is a pain so getting clothes well spun all the time is crucial.

I really like the old fashioned way of doing things, any recommendations or am I worrying unecesarily.

thehustler
    Free Member

Spin spped has always been marketing b_______t machines have only ever been able to reach the ‘marketed’ speed with a perfectly balanced load, the rest (read all) of the time they spin at a somewhat lesser speed, alot of other gizmo’s tend to have a control on the machine so you can turn them on/off…..

before you buy check prices of the one you chose at appliances on line, they are very competative and customer service for delivery is stunning

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

We bought the exact same model a few months back.
    You’re right,the spin is crap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boxfish
    Free Member

We have that Bosch ^ up there. I am told it cleans clothes very well 😀

It’s fairly quiet too, which is good in my book.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Buy a Miele.

cinnamon_girl

Don’t buy a Miele.

juanking

Buy an LG.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Don’t buy a Hoover. They are crapper than crap.

busydog
    Free Member

Got a new Samsung front-loader about 6 months ago and the best washer we have ever had. Pricey, but so far it has been flawless and, compared to other front loaders we have had, it is superbly well balanced and doesn’t walk across the floor when spinning at high speed (we had an LG front loader that would almost walk out of the laundry and down the hall).

andyl
    Free Member

We have the next model up from that one (the one that is linked to on the right and is £450 before cashback). Cost us £350 after cashback and so far it has been excellent.

I am quite confused by the programs as I am used to older machines where you select what settings you want but it is very good. Pretty much the same specs as that one but just has a bigger display. The 1400 spin is very good as clothes come up quite dry, the quick wash was perfect for getting some wood glue out of my trousers the other day when i should have known better and put some scruffy clothes on.

You could always buy a stand alone spin drier. Ex’s mum used to have one as she (the ex) insisted on clean towels every day so it cost a fortune in tumble drying.

moniex
    Free Member

Buy a miele….mine is simple and just works and keeps working no matter what abuse I have thrown at it. Can set the spin myself….

trail_rat
    Free Member

The more inteligent features you have the more chance you have of needing an expensive repair.

I just bought the most basic 8kg i could get , indesit iirc and its had a hammering

rob2
    Free Member

Miele. We’ve used ours probably twice a day for 8 years. It’s been moved three times. Still going strong. Quite impressed

oldnpastit

+1 for Samsung, seems very good. But only had it about 6 months so far. Plays nice tunes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Good reliable washing machine sought – do all the intellegent features work.’ is closed to new replies.