Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Good quality headphones for home use only.
  • Rochey
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me a good quality (over, full ear) Headphones, currently using the Apple ones and they are sh1t.

I like the idea of the noise cancelling system and have heard the Bose ones are really good, expensive but good.

Love listing to ipod, youtube etc, budget approx £100, so what’s good.

cheers

tenfoot

Sennheiser are usually pretty good, in my experience.

loddrik
    Free Member

AKG 450/451/452

Can’t get better for the money. Now half your budget and still a a good as you’ll find. What hifi best buy. They were £150 originally.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/k450

RDL-82
    Free Member

AKG 450/451/452

Can’t get better for the money. Now half your budget and still a a good as you’ll find. What hifi best buy. They were £150 originally.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/k450

Have the 451’s. Great headphones but in no way do they cancel the noise so best for use when you won’t disturb others or played at lower volumes.

CaptJon
    Free Member

If you’re at home why do you need noise cancelling?

I’d highly recommend the AKG 550s for £109 from Richer Sounds.

somafunk

The AKG as mentioned above really are a very decent sounding set of headphones, for the current selling price you’d have to spend at least double to get any significant upgrade in sound quality.

I have B&W P3’s, Sennheiser Amperiors and Grado SR80’s, i’d be willing to sell the Grado’s for £60 posted if you have a listening environment where sound leakage is not an issue, being open backed headphones they do leak sound into the room which can be annoying for others near by.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Very happy with my Grado SR’s, there’s a reason the design hasn’t changed for yonks.

Hobster
    Free Member

The AKG 550 from Richer Sounds if you can get a pair.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Good quality headphones for home use only.’ is closed to new replies.