Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Good quality but not hugely expensive bathroom suite – Cooke & Lewis??
  • benz
    Free Member

En-suite needs done.

Appeared to be decent deals on Cooke & Lewis stuff at B&Q.

However, is it decent enough quality?

Alternatively, if there are any experienced installers here, what would you recommend and from where.

Toilet (close coupled) and pedastal sink.

Also Hansgrohe taps – any good?

alanl
    Free Member

B+Q baths are generally pretty rubbish quality, as well as being over-priced.
    For example, go to the B+Q site, and search for this: 0000003827130. It is a P shaped bath. £450. Another £450 for the screen.Extra for side and end panels.

I can get the whole lot for £350 from my local Plumbers Merchant. I wouldn’t recommend it, as they are crap. Far too thin. I dont know how B+Q justify their prices, or maybe they are inflating them, then doing a 50% off sale?

What sort of bath are you looking for?
    Hansgrohe taps are good. Also, look at Screwfix for taps, as I nearly always get mine from them, and have never had a problem with them, just as good as taps at double the price.

Toilets and basins are much of a muchness. Get the shape you like. The really cheap toilets at B+Q/Wickes not brilliant, a little dated, and be aware they are not the best quality. I’ve fitted a few of them, and cursed them at times, there is no way a DIYer could fit some of them out of the box, as obscure pieces were needed to fit them, as well as the cistern and pan being a very poor fit at times.

Reply back if you want any more info.
    Alan.

cpon
    Free Member

Cooke & Lewis is essentially B&Q own brand stuff re-branded so it’s not brilliant. I’ve found Wickes stuff to be of a similar cost but slightly better quality.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benz
    Free Member

Cheers folks.

Local place has nice looking Duravit at a much better price than the B&Q stuff.

Any thoughts on it – it’s the D-line.

Tx

jonb
    Free Member

If you are happy to buy over the internet then victoria plumb are reasonable.

Marmoset
    Free Member

I bought a white suite off ebay and them some expensive taps from bathstore in the sales recently, the only thing that really gives away teh impression of being slightly cheaper is the toilet seat, which can be easily changed. As long as the bath is not too flexible/thin then it can feel like an expensive suite.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Good quality but not hugely expensive bathroom suite – Cooke & Lewis??’ is closed to new replies.