Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Good puppy training book?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

The Perfect Puppy by Gwen Bailey

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

I’ve heard good things about Gwen Bailey, but haven’t read any of her books myself.

“The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Positive Dog Training” (Pamela Dennison) is good, though I preferred “The Power of Positive Dog Training” (Pat Millar).

DezB
    Free Member

I found John Fisher’s books very good

Helios
    Free Member

While I don’t agree with people copying most of the techniques he uses – I actually think that Cesar Milan’s books are pretty good.

I wouldn’t advocate mimicking what he does on TV, but the concept of dogs basically needing exercise, boundaries and affection in that order actually makes a lot of sense… You just need to ignore the programmes which are all about getting quick fix results to look good on TV…

3 – 2 – 1… Flame Me!

cupra
    Free Member

Surely if the puppy can read it can teach itself? 😉

Never used a book, I just think like a dog. You need to be pack leader. What is it hearing me say? Am I being consistent etc etc. Don’t have a conversation with it give it clear simple commands and praise good behaviour.

mt
    Free Member

The Focused Puppy by Jones and Keller. Read it before you have get the dog.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Not so much a training book but a great insight into the thinking of puppies growing up.

Cesar Millian’s How to raise the perfect puppy.

irelanst
    Free Member

For an alternative viewpoint to the dog whisperer stuff;

C.W Meisterfeld, Jelly Bean versus Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

joolsburger
    Free Member

Anything heavy enough to provide a good thump without causing permanent damage shoud be fine. I used the Guinness book of records.

KonaTC

I’m sure this tread will go….

xcgb
    Free Member

……..To the dogs?

KonaTC

😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Good puppy training book?’ is closed to new replies.