Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Good pub near Brizzle Temple Meads
  • IHN

I’m meeting a friend in Brizzle tomorrow evening for a few beers. We’re both arriving and leaving by train, are there any decent pubs serving decent beer near Temple Meads, or do we need to walk into town?

andygreener

The Knights Templar about 45 secs away from the door. A Wetherspoon but always have a few decent guest ales. Or a 15 min walk to Victoria Street and the Shakespeare. Or my local the old fish Market across Bristol Bridge

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Aye, for a proper pub Ye Shakespeare, or The Cornubia on Temple Street (BS1 6EN):
    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/18/1874/Cornubia/Bristol
    Both 2 minutes walk from the Station.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nice place called BocaBar about ten minutes out the Bath Road. Very good pizza there too if you fancy food.

Marko

Yes to all the above and then add the Seven Stars:

http://www.7stars.co.uk/

Hth
    Mark

bristolbiker
    Free Member

What they all said…..

clubber
    Free Member

Boca Bar would be my vote – 5-10 min walk or Banco Lounge at a similar distance.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah yes, Banco Lounge – good shout. Good for shnacks too. Are you localish to BB clubber?

clubber
    Free Member

ish, yes 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

The Louisiana isn’t a million miles away, but then neither is the Fleece, still both are a bit of a walk from there.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Louisiana

…is a bit skank. You’d pass plenty of nicer places to get there anyway.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Where did you choose?

IHN

We had four pints in the Cornubia (how great is it in there?) and a pint in the Kings Head (how cool is the interior in there?) on the way back to the station. Both were absolutely cracking 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Good stuff. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Good pub near Brizzle Temple Meads’ is closed to new replies.