Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Good pub in Holyrood
  • garthmerenghi
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a pub in Holyrood area of Edinburgh where I can get a decent beer and possibly something to eat? Thanks 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Why that area? Is that where you’re hotel is? Not much there but if you shuffle up or over a few streets, North bridge has the Outsider, or Whiski rooms on the Mound serve Innis and Gunn on tap. Edinburgh’s not that big you know. Grassmarket in easy reach too.

flowerpower
    Free Member

I like the Holyrood 9A. A bit chain pubish maybe, but a load of beers and guest ales, good burgers, wooden floor boards…

linky here

EDIT: the link doesn’t work for me, not sure what I’ve done wrong. Anyhow it’s http://www.theholyrood.co.uk

DougD

9a is your best best down there, but as mentioned above, head up into town, for lunch the outsider is fantastic value

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Holyrood 9A is more restaurant than bar. Their staff’s attitude when you just go in for a beer is poor.

There is a bar called Hemma that is pretty good. Part of this group of Swedish bars in town.

https://www.list.co.uk/place/44834-hemma/

arrpee
    Free Member

+1 for Hemma.

Williams Bros Joker IPA on tap doesn’t hurt.

garthmerenghi
    Free Member

Thanks – had food in 9a. Nice burger but full of hipster divs. Found a brew dog bar up the street on Cowgate. Very friendly and great beer. Cocoa Psycho on the hop cannon with coffee beans, almonds and chilli. Sounds wrong but was very good (in a small glass).

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

full of hipster divs

brew dog bar

hop cannon

coffee beans, almonds and chilli

small glass

Which pub were the hipster divs in again? 😆

garthmerenghi
    Free Member

Now I read that back Doug you have a good point! 😳

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Good pub in Holyrood’ is closed to new replies.