Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • good pub grub/ale South West of Derby
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Heading to Mickleover this evening from the north mids – A38 way, could do with a stop off for dinner, anywhere really good, quaint maybe, that I can grab something to eat and enjoy a quiet pint on the way up?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

John Thompson in Ingleby for beer (it’s a microbrewery from before microbrewery’s became cool fashionista hangouts with lots of stainless steel pipes), not sure they do food though.

The Wheel in Ticknall is good for food, Beer’s limited to the usual generic real ales though (Doombar, black sheep, etc) .

hammerite
    Free Member

The Bubble in Stenson used to be ok, not been there for years though.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Cheers,

Might give the bubble a go, as it’s not too far off course, doesn’t look like the JT do evening meals.

Cheers gents

Pook

The bubble is your best bet.

funkynick

I can heartily recommend the Bulls Head in Repton… who can fault a pub with a pizza oven in the corner and who make their own gellato!

The beers pretty good too…

iain1775
    Free Member

+ 10 Bulls Head, best pub in the area for food and beer by far

No evening meals at JT

Bubble is still good, now under new ownership, does very good Greek nights once a month

Bit further out but The Middle Bell in Barton Needwood also good and only just off A38

wrightyson
    Free Member

Am I missing something here? I presume you’re travelling north to south towards mickelover? If so both those pubs are past the destination?

iain1775
    Free Member

Am I missing something here?

Yep, half the thread title 😉

But okay to cover all bases, to the north – Dog Inn, Pentrich or Spotted Cow, Holbrook

Pook

south west of derby…

the bubble

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

sorry it should have said West Mids really..

ended up at the Bubble, very nice it was too, just had a burger, it was cooked to perfection, still a hint of redness in the middle and the homemade chips were lovely too.

Very good, even had fried calamari on the menu which i inexplicably missed in my haste to order.

MoreCashThanDash

Nice cakes at the Lock Café next door as well – Costcos finest but not too priced up. Was quite busy at 9.45 there this morning….

Will have to try the Bubble though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘good pub grub/ale South West of Derby’ is closed to new replies.