Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Good pub and walks around Bromyard?
  • Mounty_73

We will be at Stoke Lacy, Bromyard next week.

Any suggestions for a good pub and walks in or around Bromyard?

Just ordered a news OS map as I cant find my old one anywhere…

Stoner
    Free Member

Check out the live and let live and walks on bringsty common

Mounty_73

Cheer, pub looks nice…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Fantastic steaks at the Green Dragon in Bishops Frome.

Stoner
    Free Member

Simons, I can see the green dragon from where I’m sitting in my coppice at the moment having my sausage sandwich 🙂

Unfortunately the pub is only open in the evening during the week. Lunchtime at weekends. Proper bitter pub. Walks up around Acton beachamp would be good then for bishop’s frome

Mounty_73

Steak is one of my favs when eating out, its a shame as we will probably eat at lunchtime…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Stoner – want to take us out on the local trails sometime? Katie’s aunt and uncle live just up the hill so we’re often in the area and pretty much always have bikes with us.

trusty

Sorry to hijack, but is there much riding near Bromyard? I live close by in Ludlow and no-one’s ever mentioned it?

Stoner
    Free Member

Im afraid I dont live round Bishops Frome – my house is the other side of the malverns – so Ive never ridden round here. Id be surprised if there was much riding at all TBH as a) it’s Herefordshire and so desperately short of bridleways and b) the ground is heavy clay through much of the the frome valley so the going is likely to be tough.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

That was the conclusion I’d always made. We were there the weekend before last and the ground is absolutely waterlogged as well at the moment.

oldmanonabike
    Free Member

Bit late I know but the only trails round Bromyard are small sections of bridleways and a few cheeky ones over Bromyard Downs and down though the National Trust park at Brockhampton that then lead onto Bringsty common/ Worcestershire Way. All still very heavily waterlogged and muddy. Check out the Rosie in Bromyard, a Wye Valley pub 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Good pub and walks around Bromyard?’ is closed to new replies.