Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • Good presents
  • DrJ

What my missus did not get – a sweater from gudrungudrun.com – the Sarah Lund jumper people. I ordered it on 12 December. No reply. I mailed them on 19 December and asked if I would have it by Xmas. On 21 Dec they mailed me and said the sweater is no longer available and my order is cancelled. Just that. Happy Christmas.

toby1

Got a great Canterbury jumper from the wife and some good t’s. Also got a copy of Jesus Hates Zombies (comic) and a rather nice Olive oil and balsamic combined container and some Alessi espresso spoons.

All in all given that I have bought myself a Suunto Core, iPad, couple of pairs of Howies jeans, Skiing clothing, new Lumix TZ30 plus a bunch of other stuff this year I really didn’t need or want for much!

Apart from this ….

pocketrocket
    Free Member

Camelbak mule NV,(loving the in built rain cover! :lol:) The Good Mountain Biking Guide, bike computer + wine, chocolates, tshirts etc all very nice, not a single naff present in sight. 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Lego Sopworth Camel here, looking forward to building it up:

JoeG
    Free Member

docstar – those Lansky knife sharpeners are really fantastic. I have one. If you get the super fine white colored stone (feels like ceramic) you can get knives sharp enough to shave the hair off of your arm! 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

I got my £10 gerber that sharp, using a cheap worn grey stone. Using the Ray Mears technique.

willard

That sounds really filthy… The Ray Mears Technique, involves sheep poo and willow bark….

Got an awesome Berghaus fleece thing and a Petzl Myo RXP amongst other stuff. So much better when you make your Wiggle/Amazon/etc wishlists public…

I am now like a kid in a sweet shop waiting to try out the new head torch and fleece when I walk the dogs tonight. The only thing better than that was thinking up an awesome pressie for my mum’s birthday in Feb and seeing my wife’s smile when she opened her present.

wobbem
    Free Member

What is it with watches… mobile has the time, clock in the car. clock on the computer, clocks on billboards, on TV, stereo player ……and another on your arm, why?

DezB
    Free Member

My most STW present:

Not tasted yet, so not sure if it’s good or not, but it smells lovely :-
    )

mightymule
    Free Member

Wine
    Whisky
    The new Complete Guide to Ankh Morpork
    The Illustrated Eric
    Jewellery
    Opium (the cost of which apparently made the OH have to go and have a lie down)
    A sexy new phone that looks like it could exceed the speed limit
    An envelope full of money
    A very very nice afternoon and evening chilling out in the company of my loved ones.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

wobbem – Member
    What is it with watches… mobile has the time, clock in the car. clock on the computer, clocks on billboards, on TV, stereo player ……and another on your arm, why?

To show off your wealth/lack of taste?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Very happy with my lot this year. Among other things I got.

Nexus 10
    Bottle of Benromach 10
    And an orange Casio W-214H

maccruiskeen

docstar – Member

……. and then you get home to find the locks have been changed 🙂

shifter
    Free Member

wobbem – Member

The watch came first 🙂
    Plus it helps me tell the time when I’m not near those electric things ie all the time when I’m outside at work.

Alex

That LEGO is awesome. 100% of want. And the Axe. I was very happy with my presents until I saw those. Still tomorrow I get the best present of all, riding in Wales all day away from the joy thieves that are the in-laws 😉

seba560
    Free Member

What is it with all these people who don’t wear watches? It’s just like there, on your wrist…….. Why wouldn’t you?

MrOvershoot

seba560 – Member

What is it with all these people who don’t wear watches? It’s just like there, on your wrist…….. Why wouldn’t you?

Because I’m not allowed to wear one at work, so have got out of the habit?

seba560
    Free Member

Does the email in your profile work, MrOvershoot? I think I need to send the point to you. 😉

yunki
    Free Member

Why wouldn’t you?

ahhh, the capitalist shackle.. binding us to the working day set out by our overseers, tempting us to believe that we are in control of our own destiny..

the very symbol that proves beyond a hope that we have lost any shred of dignity

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the very symbol that proves beyond a hope that we have lost any shred of dignity

Oh dear Lord above…..

And the worst thing? I suspect that’s not entirely just a stupid troll comment, but possibly a real belief.

wobbem
    Free Member

Ask any watch wearer what the time is, just after they have just looked at their watch, guarantee they will look at their watch again.

yunki
    Free Member

piss off flashballs yer great mutant ice cream.. 😀

what about symbol of turgid mediocrity..?

simpering obeisance..?

wobbem
    Free Member

Exactly 😆

gnusmas

Baby Daughter, different but in a good way 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

ahhh, the capitalist shackle.. binding us to the working day set out by our overseers, tempting us to believe that we are in control of our own destiny..

Does your wife know that you feel this way about her? My guess is that you’re too scared to tell her and that you say “yes, dear” a lot. 😆

yunki
    Free Member

😆

nail on head

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Needle files,small vice/helping hand and a peloton of Fonderie Roger cyclists,just got to paint them now.
    Series 2 & 3 of Breaking Bad
    Other half made me a windmill out of kitkats,curley wurleys with a voucher to stay at Cley Windmill

uponthedowns
    Free Member

One of these

And a completely wahtastic

😀

squiff
    Free Member

My good wife got me this

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Volkswagen-T1-Camper-Van-10220

Took 6 hrs to build 😯 😳

grahamt1980

I got the Lego Sopwith Camel from OH, its awesome, took me 4 hours yesterday afternoon.
    Unfortunately it means that I have now been looking at other sets on ebay. Massively expensive.

squiff
    Free Member

grahamt1980

An wanting the lego star wars death star next, ive heard it can take upto 16 hrs to build

grahamt1980

I’m not sure on that one to be honest. Having seen it in a lego shop it looks massive.
    I want to get the steam train that was around a year or so ago.
    The space shuttle looks cool too

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The space shuttle looks cool too

Nephew is getting that one tomorrow! He may go in to orbit!

grahamt1980

Class, lego is always an amazing present

leadbasher
    Free Member

Very happy here tallboy lt

bigblackshed

A local cheese hamper and other exotic local foodstuffs from The Wife.

A sausage hamper from the Bro & Sis in Laws.

Cake hamper from the Mo in Law.

Sweet FA from my parents. I have tried phoning and skyping them for 3 days. No answer. Even though I know they are in. Can’t exactly pop round. They live in Bulgaria. Not worried about me, more for my 2 boys who never get to see them or get presents anywhere near the time they’re supposed to.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Got me a galaxy 10.1 tab and the top of the range nespresso , machine.
    Awesome. And the kids got Xbox Kinect which is a million times better Thames the s3

DezB
    Free Member

Nephew is getting that one tomorrow

Now that makes sense! Adults getting children’s toys to play with at Christmas. *shakes head*

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Good presents’ is closed to new replies.