Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Good Places to Visit with Kids – Clumber Park Area, Nottinghamshire.
  • laggingbehindagain
    Free Member

Hi,

Off to clumber park next week with family (& bikes), anyone know any nice / goods places that is worth a visit, we are there a 5 days.

thanks.

midlifecrashes

If the kids are young, ie pre teenagers, head for Sundown Adventureland. Sherwood pines just south of there too. White Post Farm further on towards Nottingham, the castle is good in the city too, as are the cave tours.

sadexpunk

theres also a big playpark adventure type thing just across from white post farm, but cant think what its called now.

ChrisA
    Free Member

How old are the kids?

Rufford park is down the road, as is Thorsby Hall, Sherwood pines is too and has a go ape. Sherwood Forest to see the Major Oak (Robin Hood), White post farm, Sherwood Forest Farm Park, Southwell Minster, etc

If it rains there is a superbowl, cinema, water meadows swimming baths, indoor play areas in Mansfield. I think there is a learning centre type place where the brewery used to be next to water meadows.

Bit further afield, there are places like Hardwick Hall (decent pub food at the bottom of the hill) or come into Nottingham – nottingham castle, lace markets, caves, etc. There is also the ice arena, etc if required.

Crab & Mussle at Tuxford is a great seafood pub too that’s quite local, or a few nice locals in Wellow.

The national cycle network run either side of clumber too, if your out for riding.

I grew up for 18 years down the road in Mansfield Woodhouse, Before travelling away with Uni & work for years, back in Nottingham now though. Drop me an email though if you need any further info

ChrisA
    Free Member

It’s just been on the radio too the outdoor theatre season starts on Saturday night at clumber with the Fabulous Mr Fox

laggingbehindagain
    Free Member

Big Thanks Everyone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Good Places to Visit with Kids – Clumber Park Area, Nottinghamshire.’ is closed to new replies.