• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good places to eat in Wolverhampton
  • aP
    Free Member

I know this is going to get a number of “helpful” replies, but seriously, going to be there next weekend – where’s nice to eat out on a Saturday evening?

SiofCannock
    Free Member

Oh dear. Hope you like curry. And a car would be good to get out of town and into the suburbs. If so, Penn Tandoori is always rated. If you can get out to Tipton, Mad O’Rourkes Pie Factory is quite an experience. As for the city centre, I’d get a tram into Birmingham where the world is your oyster. Maybe someone else can be more helpful.

sandboy

The Yew Tree on Pool Street if you just want a friendly place with great curries and a selection of beers. It is just outside the ring road, easily walkable from city centre. Just typing this has made me hungry!

Haze

How far out of town can you travel?

Greyhound in Lower Penn or Miller & Carter on the Penn Road are a few minutes in a taxi from the town centre.

aP
    Free Member

Thanks…. Done Pie Factory in the 80s,
    Thinking of Bilash opposite the Civic Centre, Bella in Chapel Ash or Hamiltons (will be a quick walk downstairs).
    Just as importantly reasonable pubs (not rammed, but good beer, not interested in food – pubs aren’t for eating in) – is the Posada still there? Great Western in Sun St? Combermere in Chapel Ash? (Still with the tree in the Gents?)

Haze

Great Western is good, Combemere used to be my local pre-football matches…excellent pub, though it’s been a couple of years since I last visited.

Don’t expect it will have changed much…

aP
    Free Member

Thanks Haze – used to work in Chapel Ash in the 80s (in the days when people still went to the pub Friday lunchtime) – Combermere then! Will be doing Amblecote Saturday morning – then to the Great Western for a drink before evening meal… Once I’ve decided where to go…

singlespeedstu

The Spring hill in Penn is okish
    As for Wolvs best of luck.

aP
    Free Member

Really that bad? I don’t really want to have to drive into Brum to go to Purnell’s though…. If I can get a reservation.

Haze

Springhill is a good back up, Greyhound will need a reservation and you’d be looking at an hour wait at Millers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good places to eat in Wolverhampton’ is closed to new replies.