• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hels.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • good places to camp around Peebles for the EWS / Tweedlove??
  • finners

Anywhere recommended? Going this weekend.

chris1h
    Free Member

Rosetta Holiday Park mate. Right next to my house.

finners

What’s for tea? 😀

finners

What’s for tea? 😀

chris1h
    Free Member

Ha. I predict this week I will mostly be eating pasta! and plenty of it…!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

At the POC event a couple of years back there were a fair few folks camping in the park where the event started from, down the hill behind the main street.

markedmediahouse
    Free Member

Hey,

Pleas DO NOT camp in the park, there are plenty of campsites around peebles and innerleithen area including rosetta and glentress lodges!

but i repeat you are NOT allowed to camp in the park

mc
    Free Member

If you’re looking for wild camping spots, head up the Leithen rd/B709 from Innerleithen, and find a suitable spot next to the Leithen water.

If I’ve done it right, the area shown at https://goo.gl/maps/RFx3D is a popular wild camping spot. It’s the area going about a mile north/east of the road with Private Road/No Through Road signs. There’s also a bit just north of the golf course that gets used, just look for the bits it’s obvious cars have been on the grass.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why not?.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Pleas DO NOT camp in the park, there are plenty of campsites around peebles and innerleithen area including rosetta and glentress lodges!

Technically, that’s not a repeat, but a completely different instruction! 😆

hels
    Free Member

Why not ? The EWS arena is bang in the middle of the town, in a residential area. Nothing makes the local council, business owners, residents less keen on big events coming to town than a bunch of what they perceive to be trailer trash pitching up for the weekend.

There are plenty of proper campsites and as mc says some places out of town where you will get away with it if you are discrete.

hels
    Free Member

Wild camping seems to be tolerated along the Meldons road, out of Peebles on the Glasgow road, then take the single track road up the Meldons, there is a public toilets block a mile or so up. This is where the travellers all park during the local festival week.

enduro-aid
    Free Member

mmmhhhh the Rosetta site is a bit crap!

stayed there at the weekend for the Glentress 7 and have to say the toilet / shower block is shocking!!

old school bathroom type and the mould on the walls was awful, not to mention that the bit we were in only had 2 showers! for a full tent field it was a joke.

on the plus side it was an easy walk into the village for a pint

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Edit. Canny be bothered arguing!.

hels
    Free Member

No, I am explaining why you shouldn’t camp at the event arena park – which was I believe the question. It ruins it for everybody else.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘good places to camp around Peebles for the EWS / Tweedlove??’ is closed to new replies.