Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • good place for left hand crank arms?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

don’t say on the left hand side of the bottom bracket!

Mate crashed his t1ts off today and needs a new FC-M521 175mm Octalink in black (left hand side), just wondering where to get one from.

Ta

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers, they’ve got a 175mm octalink in black which will do the job if we can’t find the hollowtech version.

Anyone know where we might find the hollowtech one?

Cheers.

oldfart

got a pair of XT Octalink Hollowtech crank arms in silver .You can have em for a tenner plus a bit of postage if you are interested ?FC-M751 .Usual heel rubbing but still make out the XT logo .(just) on the drive side.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers oldfart, I’ll mention that to him. I assume his current chainrings would just swap over.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

go to a reasonably large bike shop and ask if they have any odd ones in the ‘spares’ or out back, even second hand. Can often sort one out this way.

cynic-al
    Free Member

HOw did he ruin the crank in the crash?

oldfart

Onza would have thought it would be a straight swap.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Oldfart,
    He likes the sound of your XT cranks. Have you got an e-mail address or a pic of how bad the heel rub is?

Cynic-al,
    Yep, if you know the Peaks, he was coming down from Monsall Head towards the viaduct and ended up off the trail and dropped about 15 metres down the track! Not a mark on the bike but totalled the left pedal and crank arm.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Mate crashed his t1ts off today and needs a new FC-M521 175mm Octalink

Sounds like he needs new t1ts too.

oldfart

Onza e mail me at rolandjulie2001@yahoo.co.uk .I,m a bit rubbish at pics but can do if neccessary .

Onzadog
    Free Member

Stuartie_c,
    I’m really impressed with how well he rolled and how lucky he was to miss all the trees. Just a few scratches really.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘good place for left hand crank arms?’ is closed to new replies.