Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Good old Superstar service….
  • boblo
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member.
    In a court of Law you are responsible for making “every concievable effort by any means possible” to contact them before you can prove they are deliberately ignoring you.

M’Lud, I put it to you the Gentleman in question did not tie a message to a pigeon and fire it from a canon nor did he write said message on his ar$e and illuminate it with an MTB Batteries 1000 lum light. Therefore, M’Lud, no case to answer 🙂

MrGreedy

I decided to fix this by never spending money with them again.

I took the same approach after his astroturfing/lying on here.

Me too – he really didn’t do himself any favours with the way he behaved.

Back on topic, OP definitely should have phoned. Having an 0845 number for your customer services is a bit crap though.

bellerophon
    Free Member

I ordered some stuff on wednesday and it arrived yesterday, great service from SS and Royal Mail,

It does look though as their server is bust today, I ordered a bit yesterday and wanted to check progress but can’t. Will I rant about NO, because shit happens occasionally and I can wait.

marsdenman
    Free Member

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all and I want it now.

you missed a bit – 😉

and, I want it for peanuts

hilldodger
    Free Member

I only started buying off SS on the basis of the whole “burn your warehouse down” thing and that he wound up so many tight-assed forumites.
    Never had a problem with their service, pricing, quality or free Haribo either 😀

composite
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBCq8XDgrP0[/video]

BruceWee

The thing I always associate Superstar with is fruit starting that thread a couple of years ago complaining about customers who got on his nerves.

After that I decided to steer clear of him, not so much because of poor customer service but more because I didn’t want to give my money to someone who could end up slagging me off for complaining.

Trimix
    Free Member

Really ? Who gives a s***

I wouldnt care a damm what SS says about me given the price of their brake pads.

At that price, hell I would even slag myself off.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Same old stuff about Superstar. People slag them off and inevitably start posting pictures of an octupus because their brake pads delaminated and someone from SS popped up on here once and said something (which I never read) and so now people avoid them like the plague and seem more than happy to jump on the bandwagon and slag them off.

Meanwhile I buy cheap stuff thats actually very good and fit it whilst eating free Haribo. Could be worse…

joolsburger
    Free Member

I like superstar and their gear I don’t give a monkeys about the 2 year old argument.

Always delivered good stuff with free sweets on time for me. I’d have been more patient in this case but it takes all sorts.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks for the reminder, I need some more sintered disc pads!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Never had a problem with Superstar myself – good kit, cheap, delivered superfast and free Haribo. Works for me

milko9000
    Free Member

I ordered some wheels on Monday. Got an email Tuesday saying they were really busy so it’d take 2-5 days to get ’em sent out. Then they turned up yesterday anyway. But with no haribo! I’m massively outraged.

I’ve also made about six orders with Chain Reaction in the last month or so and none of them came with haribo either. I’m so angry.

lowey
    mattjevans
    Free Member

I must say any mention of Superstar does seem to provoke quite a discussion

In a court of Law you are responsible for making “every concievable effort by any means possible” to contact them before you can prove they are deliberately ignoring you.

Every conceivable effort would presumably include contacting them through a paypal dispute then? Not sure why phoning a number that everyone knows doesn’t get answered should go ahead of that.

For all those moronskindly souls suggesting I should have called them, have any of you read the dozens of posts on this board that make it fairly plain what a waste of time that is.

I want it all, I want it all, I want it all and I want it now.

ah.. yes, that is exactly what I want. Are you a retired gentleman by any chance?

Northwind

To be fair, Superstar can be hard to contact on the phone- it took me about 10 attempts to resolve my warranty problems with my seatpost, and that was a lot of holding too. To be frank it felt like call avoidance/deterrant. But we got there in the end

IA

So I just got a dispatch notification on my wheels…no tracking info though, anyone know what courier they use for wheels? Wondering if they’re likely to appear tomorrow (guess not?).

fervouredimage
    Free Member

ah.. yes, that is exactly what I want. Are you a retired gentleman by any chance?

Considerably younger than you, but with a sense of perspective.

Jamie
    Free Member

I must say any mention of Superstar does seem to provoke quite a discussion

Not really. It’s more moaning about *insert company name here*, a nanosecond after they do not reply to an email they obviously didn’t receive.

Anyway. Glad you got sorted.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I banged my head against the wall. It didn’t move. After banging my head against a wall again I decided to moan about the wall not moving, rather than try and find another way round it.

😉

franksinatra

. Their “problems with emails” are not my issue.

Well they are your issue if you only communicate by email 🙄

nealy
    Free Member

I phoned them this afternoon to check when they would be returning my wheels for free that they were truing for free which they received last Thursday, they picked up straight away and told me they were sent today so I’ll get them on Monday. Of course if there’s no haribo on the box I’ll complain on the Internet even though I don’t like haribo.

Scapegoat

I’ve just had a look at my Superstar order history. It goes back to early 2010, 22 items. Of those I have had to return a Superleggera wheelset because the nipples were breaking. When I rang to enquire he told me to get the wheels back to him. They were sent back to me rebuilt with Sapim brass nipples, and a note telling me they had fitted a new main bearing shell and taken the silly flange out of the freehub so I could do the bearings without the silly special tool. No extra charge.
    All of the other items were fault free, good value for money and arrived very quickly, normally with Haribo.

Quite what we learn from this thread is beyond me. The OP has gone online to complain that they haven’t acted on emails that he knows from his mailer they haven’t received.

milko9000
    Free Member

IA, mine came by Parcelforce. Was next-day for me, all good, but not sure they’d deliver on a Saturday.

I even sent Superstar an email to say thanks for getting it done (with no mention of the lack of haribo) since I try to give good feedback as well as bad. But it bounced saying their mailbox is full.

unovolo
    Free Member

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Good old Superstar service….’ is closed to new replies.