• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ton.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • good natural route between coniston water and windermere?
  • ton

staying in Rusland I a week or so. need a route taking in natural trails.
    thing is, I have ridden this area to death over the years. I like it, it is good, just fancy something that we may not have ridden.

any idea’s greatly appreciated.

Esme
    Free Member

Suitable for Mrs Ton, or just you?

ton

Suitable for Mrs Ton, or just you?

me and a group of regular riders.
    just been sat logging routes on bikehike……loads of footpaths, and never see many folk walking around the area, it is a bit too far from the carparks for them.
    might spend the weekend riding footpaths, bad I know, but will be quiet.

scuttler

Lakes, midweek, away from honeypots? Sounds perfect for hitting the footpaths.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

All a bit obvious isn’t it – Grizedale/Parkamoor/Breasty How etc – lots of natural stuff and loads on enduro and hidden lines to explore. I only had a day there recently and was frustrated that I didn’t have more time to explore more. Loads to ride.

tomaso
    Free Member

Rusland is near where they hold some Enduros on private land around Greythwaite Hall. There is a BW that runs through the north of the estate.

We do some cheeky night rides and if it is quiet enough I am sure you could venture from Crossland over to High Dam.

I’d avoid Bethecar Moor with all the raid we’ve had as it will be a complete and utter puddly shitefest. But then sections across Parkamoor will be exactly the same.

Thornyslack is good path near Rusland that comes out on the road south of Force Forge and Force Mills.

But there is a reason you’ve ridden lots of the routes previously – they are good-uns!

ton

the reason why I said ‘ ridden it all to death’…….. 🙄

it is all a bit obvious.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Something different to your usual routes – The stages from the PMBA enduros at Grizedale are bloody good, and all on strava.

tomaso
    Free Member

Yes there is a great one off the forested track from Low Parkamoor that runs all the way down to Coniston.

There is a wee track off from the top of Breasty Haw that drops you down to Dale Park that has some nice slippery rock chutes and awkward turns.

Given you’ve ridden it to death there is a limit to how much new good stuff there can be to find!

Chew
    Free Member

Tony,

Theres a nice track from Nibthwaite Grange over to Low Ickenthwaite. The Tarmac climb out from Coniston is steep mind.

Also recommend the Eagles Head in Satterthwaite 😉

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am still trying to get out and find the routes around here! I moved just south of Coniston Water last year whilst injured and have just started finding what there is on my doorstep (slowly as I recover!)

Watching this with interest! I rode some of the classic BWs (many) years ago, but have probably forgotten more than I remember!

ton

typical route we do is, brantwood, lawson park, the park, low parkamoor, moor lane, breasty haw, devils gallop, lake side then up to sawrey, over claiffe heights, colthouse, knipe fold, arnside, hodge close, tilberthwaire and back on bike track to coniston.

without telling fibs, we have ridden this route at least 12 times over the years. it is fantastic, but fancied a change.
    anyone local want to guide us, you a more than welcomed….. and i will buy you a pint or 3. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘good natural route between coniston water and windermere?’ is closed to new replies.