Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Good free podcast app…
  • alpin
    Free Member

Radio 4 in the afternoon isn’t doing it for me and I’ve worked my way through their archive.

Which app to keep me entertained/educated whilst sanding and painting this afternoon?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Podcast addict for me or are you after recomendations for stuff to listen to

onewheelgood

Podcast Republic works well for me on Android.

nickjb
    Free Member

I use Podcast Republic. Seems easy enough to use. Usually have some Richard Herring stuff and a few Infinite Monkey Cages

johnners
    Free Member

Podcast Addict here too but I think I paid for it. There may be a free version though.

Andy_K

PlayerFM, Acast.

andy2002

I’ve been listening to MTB Podcast recently, it’s actually pretty good 🙂

DrP

Pocket cast is a few quid – one off charge, and really easy format to use..

I know it’s not free, but might be affordable?

DrP

rossburton
    Free Member

Overcast, if you have an iPhone.

scud
    Free Member

Downcast on the iphone for me, loads of brilliant podcasts out there now, that and iplayer app to be able to listen to whole 6Music shows and documentaries (did a brilliant 8 x 1 hour show on roots of Jamaican music at about 2 am recently which you could download)

dogmatix

https://www.stitcher.com/

It is a free podcast app. Not sure if it just american stuff though? I don’t use it but an american podcast I listen to via the internet recommends it all the time. I can’t see that it would just be american.

If you at all like motocross then this podcast is very good:

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-pulpmxcom-show

I really cant objectively say if it is any good if you dont like motocross. My brain cant actually unlike motocross. But it is funny, again, caveat, I really bloody love motocross. I do love my children more… but only just.

dogmatix

The mtb podcast above ^^ looks like it is hosted on soundcloud. I have seen others use this too. So maybe if they have an app you can find podcasts there.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Downcast for me. Think it may not have been free but very cheap.

Stoner
    Free Member

I use Castbox on Android. Free and seems pretty good

smogmonster

Doggcatcher and/or Podcast Addict

spawnofyorkshire

I paid for Pocketcasts years ago and it was well worth it. Syncs my subscriptions across android devices and works really well. Worth the couple of quid

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Genuine question, what do the various apps do that the standard issue iPhone app doesn’t? Do different apps host different podcasts or is it just the bells and whistles?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Good free podcast app…’ is closed to new replies.