Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Good discounted bike ~ £500 for the Wife
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

Looking to get my Wife a MTB and have a budget of ~ £500. Was hoping to try and get at least SLX / DEORE for that money.

I was thinking best bang for buck and best discount is through Pauls Cycles, but if you know of others?

Frame size would be a 15″ / 16″ small and does not have to be a WSD

Thanks

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Good discounted bike ~ £500 for the Wife

Photos of the wife please.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Lol

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I did some MTB in the canaries last year on a Fuji Nevada. It was a 2011 model, but I was very surprised to see how cheap it was, considering how well it rode. It’s Acera/Deore, but you could do worse. Only thing is the fork isn’t top end, but for £500 you wouldn’t expect it, and if your wife is doing mainly XC, I’m sure it would do the job – it coped with some pretty rocky stuff in the Canaries, and handled better than my old Kona bike which was twice the price. Personal preference I guess.

Evans Cycles do the Nevada 1.3 for £530, reduced from £670, disc brakes, Acera/Deore. I don’t love Evans by any means, I had to use them because of my work’s cyclescheme supplier restrictions on my most recent purchase, hence how I know they do that bike. I almost bought one, but went 29er instead.

hammerite
    Free Member

Been looking for much the same. Was looking for a bike with hydraulic brakes and a Rockshox front fork, difficult to find a bike with both for £500. Suntour is definitely the default budget option on most bikes.

bluebird
    Free Member

Quite a few decent entry level hardtails on http://www.paulscycles.co.uk around £500-600.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Pauls probably your only chance of deore/slx new for £500 – such as this http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b0s2p3026/SCOTT-ASPECT-20-2010.

otherwise you are looking 2nd hand

cinnamon_girl

Classifieds is your friend.>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Good discounted bike ~ £500 for the Wife’ is closed to new replies.