• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Good DH-style front tyre for narrow Arch EX rim
  • wl
    Free Member

Will a 2.5 Minion work on an Arch EX rim (24.6mm wide I think) or is the tyre too wide to work well? I want a decent biggish and super-grippy front tyre for my holiday but my Arch EX rims aren’t very wide. Any tips welcome. Thanks.

simon80
    Free Member

As long as it isn’t the WT version I see no problem.
    My 26″ flow is 23mm internal and it used to be used by professional downhill riders to race on.
    Pretty sure they never used skinny tyres!

nosedive
    Free Member

I have used 2.5 minions on flow rims and they were fine. Now using magic mary on arch ex, also fine. The tyre is barely any narrower than a minion and has more grip in my opinion. Also saves a bit of weight

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimw
    Free Member

I have used a 2.5 Minion DHF super tacky on Arch EX with no problems for a week in the Alps.

wl
    Free Member

Thanks all. Sure the Arch is narrower than the Flow, so perhaps I got the measurement wrong.

Jimw – great news. I’m off to the Alps and was planning exactly the same i.e. a super tacky 2.5 Minion. Good to know it will work out ok. Out of interest, what rear did you run?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Yeah Arch EX es are 21mm internal, however, tyres tend to come up a touch wider than on other manufacturers 21mm internal rims due to the low bead hook.

Been running a 2.5 Minion on mine for the the last two years, no issues to report.

jimw
    Free Member

I used a high roller II supertacky 2.4 on the back

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Good DH-style front tyre for narrow Arch EX rim’ is closed to new replies.