Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Good deed well done…
  • A chap posted on Peak District MTB on Facebook saying he’d found a Garmin and thought it belonged to a James from Middleton (Derbyshire).

I know a James from Middleton.

After a bit of sorting, turned out it was his that had been lost in the Lakes last weekend – all arranged to be posted back, job done.

Well done to the guy who found it and who’d have thought that losing a Garmin in the Lakes would find it’s way back to Derbyshire.

Not really a cool story bro, but still nice to know there are some decent folk out there!

Pook

fadda

In a similar “cool story bro”, I left my wallet and phone on top of my car last Saturday, then drove off to drop my son off before biking (I know…).

Realised what I’d done, retraced my steps – no sign.

Went home, resigned to cancelling cards etc, to find a voicemail on my house phone from a cyclist who’d found it all. Called him back, arranged to meet, and had it all back in my ham-fisted, careless mitts by 11 o’clock.

He wouldn’t even let me buy him a coffee to say thanks. (Many, many thanks, Gareth).

Top people still populate the planet, largely. Worth remembering, I reckon

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TiRed

My FLy 6 was returned after somebody took the time to watch four hrs of video and noted my Twickenham Jersey appear when I stopped.

It was the bracket that broke and I lost the camera/light on a training ride.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Nice.

Really nice to know there are good Samaritans around…

Similar to fadda –
    Couple of years ago we were heading to France on holiday – Anyway as we disembarked the ferry my wife couldn’t find her purse/wallet panic stations thought we left it in the restaurant, too late as we were driving out. Pulled out and cancelled her cards etc!

Anyway two weeks later get back and find her wallet in the mailbox with a note to say he/she had found it whilst crossing the big junction in Guildford. Turns out my wife paid for the gas put her wallet on top of the car to check something and we drove off must have fallen off when I turned to get onto to the main road.

A year back I found a wallet near the local station, traced the Owner back and went around and dropped it off.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Good deed well done…’ is closed to new replies.