• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamz.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Good deed of the week…
  • Found a case in the car park of the Bannatyne’s gym I frequent whilst working away.

They contained a pair of Beats headphones, so I handed them in at reception.

Saw them in PC World today – £199 😯

The guy behind reception didn’t hide his eagerness to see what was inside the case, I doubt they found their rightful owner.

Part of me feels good for handing them in, but part of me resents the fact that some no-mark is probably now using them…

scruff9252

Well done, im sure karma will see you well. If your concerned about them going home with the receptionist, Phone up on Monday & speak to the manager asking if they found their rightful owner?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

You can rest in the knowledge that said no-mark will look like a proper tool wearing them.

bearnecessities

I picked up an iphone 6 plus thing in DW sports a month back.

Cue me running outside to ask the last bloke leaving if he’d left anything behind. Stupid bugger insisted he hadn’t!

Eventually (and I mean eventually: “ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE YOUR PHONE?!”) he crapped his pants and described his new phone in the cover, which I had in my pocket.

Still waiting for some karma on that one.

mav12
    Free Member

stick a notice up in your car window stating handed in at reception if you use your car that is might jog someones memory

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What’s a no-mark?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Old biker term for a “hells angel ” not belonging to any club – literally no badges or marks on them- not sure if etymology is true or false never googled

Used as a generic term to describe a person of no significance and low ranking within society

Ambrose

Well done for handing in the headphones but that’s an unpleasant thing to call someone. And a cynical assumption that the guy will steal the headphones.

I found a watch once, an expensive one. I took it to the Police and 90 days later it was mine. 🙂

leffeboy

Beats=heavily marketed low quality
    But someone loved them anyway so well done

globalti
    Free Member

I found a brand new Specialized Roubaix in my size, 56, dumped off the bridge near my house. Took it to the Police, posted on loads of websites and phoned all the LBSs but nobody claimed it and a month later thay gave it back to me. It was actually a 2006 model and I found it in 2009, so unused that the braking surfaces were unworn. I’d love to know how it got there.

bearnecessities

Getaway vehicle for a roubaixry.

boblo
    Free Member

@ bear necessities 😀

slowoldman

I once handed in a trombone which I found on a bus to the police. I was secretly hoping the owner wouldn’t be found, but sadly for me…

teasel
    Free Member

Used as a generic term to describe a person of no significance and low ranking within society

Reads like there’s an ism in there somewhere. I had a gander but can’t see anyone getting offended – anyone gonna take the mantle…

cliffyc
    Free Member

+ mav12,I was thinking along same lines. Pin a note on a noticeboard in Gym area or environs,in your car (A4 size for when you are at the place) and also ask another member of staff or better,guy’s boss if it had been returned to it’s rightful owner. Bit naughty if the guy nabbed ’em!. 🙁

Jamz
    Free Member

Better off handing them in as wearing them is the equivalent of putting a sign on your head that reads ‘I’m an utter plonker’. Just rubbish.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Good deed of the week…’ is closed to new replies.