• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hooli.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Good deed gone t!ts up…
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Replied to a request on Facebook for ficus trees and foliage to go to Perth Zoo as they are short of it and the animals love it. We had a massive one that had grown through the pot so I offered it. So a lass turns up at 630am with a ute and begins to dig and cut it out. Ties the tree to the back of the ute and begins to pull. In the process ruptures the gas main to the house so I had to call the fire brigade, evac the house, wife and kids and knock on the neighbours.

Just had the firies and the gas dudes here sorting it all out. Cue sucking lemon type faces when I mention cost. Hopefully Perth Zoo’s insurance covers this otherwise this might cost a bit.

It’s not been a good week. Let’s just say that.

spooky_b329

Oops!

Well if she tied it to the Ute, her problem?! If their normal work involved working on customer property/excavating then they would have insurance, but a zoo?

thecaptain
    Free Member

You think it’s her fault you didn’t tell her it was growing round the gas main?

matt_outandabout

I think the neighbours are owed a cake for making apologies…best fire up the oven. Oh. Wait. Erm…… 😆

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It’s the animals locked up in a zoo fighting back

wwaswas

There’s a pleasing inevitability about this film:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkuG_RTS15I[/video]

hooli

No good deed goes unpunished!

peterfile
    Free Member

Is this Australia? They’ll have public liability insurance.

globalti
    Free Member

Typical Afrikkaaner lack of imagination. I work with Anglo-Saxon South Africans and they aren’t much more bright than that.

ononeorange

Why didn’t they just cut it????!!!

hooli

Typical Afrikkaaner

Since when have they moved Australia to South Africa? or have SA annexed parts of Australia and insisted that afrikaans is spoken 🙄

trail_rat
    Free Member

hooli – watched the video ?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Chin up, it could have been worse. Maybe if they had been smoking a fag whilst pulling the tree out!

hooli

Trail rat – No, youtube blocked at work.

But globalti’s comment makes more sense now 😳

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Good deed gone t!ts up…’ is closed to new replies.