Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • good deals on winter boots..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

anyone know of any? not fussed about brand as ive nowt to compare them too having only ever ridden in my summer spesh shoes for the last god knows howmany years…getting old now so need cosy toes, any recommendations?

Karinofnine

CRC have got some odd sizes in Gaerne Polar 2009 shoes going cheap, but obviously only good if you happen to be the size they still have in stock – they come up small by the way.

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers I will have a looksie but im depressingly average so they probably not have my size!!

z1ppy

Diadora Chili – was an option I looked at, but have no experience of them. Wiggle had a one day sale on MW80’s I couldn’t resist – well worth watching out for again, there was a PSA on here.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ooh i’ll look at them too, cheers

scaredypants

reckon summertime is when the bargains come out 😕

peachos
    Free Member

the chilli’s are not waterproof, if you want something that is. not particularly warm either. i got a pair for £40 & use them in winter. would probably be good with a pair of sealskins.

MarkN
    Free Member

I have the Spesh winter boots (defrosters?)and used them for a couple of winters now. They are okay but I need to use a thick sock to keep feet warm when really cold. They generally keep the damp out unless you get a good soaking up the leg from trail side puddle and then it just seems to get in the boot by running down the leg and pass the cuff of the boot. I am not sure anything else will do better but I have heard good things about Lake boots but they are not cheap. better that faffing about with overshoes IME.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ive been looking at some lake boots tonight, look pretty good as do the northwave celsius

SidewaysTim

We’ve got a couple of odd pairs left if they’re any use to anyone. Shimano Goretex SH MT90 in a size 42 and a pair of Specialized Waterproof Defrosters in a 46.

£60 Shimano and £50 for the Speccies.

Mail me if you likey.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Tim I’ll take the Specialized Waterproof Defrosters for £50

I have emailed the info email of your site

namastebuzz
    Free Member

peachos – Member

the chilli’s are not waterproof,

The Chilli Extreme MTB Boots ARE waterproof – the Chilli Shoes aren’t.

THe boots can be had for £49 and the Extreme Winter Boots for £79 I think but get a size bigger than normal.

Kahurangi

My Lake MXZ 302’s (or whatever) are going to be up for grabs as soon as I take some photos…. Size 8(42)….

willej

fatmuthahubbard,

I’ve got a pair of unused Shimano SH-W101s in size 43 if you want them?

They’re really nice but just a smidge too small for me.

Email in profile if you’re interested.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I got some Northwave Celsius gortex boots with 40% off last winter. keep looking around for last years model there are still bargains to be had.

25% off here but only in size 40.

http://www.primera-sports.com/products/shoes-off-road-579/northwave-celsius-winter-boot-save-25–5964.aspx

Kahurangi

p.s. SidewaysTim, YHM Re: MW80s

SidewaysTim

Both pairs sold – thanks Valleydaddy and JonT. Long may people with tiny feet and people with giant boats roam the earth!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

shimano mw-80s – used in wet soggy cold conditions, feet totally warm and dry for duration of ride!

elaineanne
    Free Member

womble boots ? :mrgreen: how freeeeeezing is it today.. 8)

Farmer_John
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of BG defroster boots up for grabs as well – size 46 and only worn once so in very good condition. Any takers?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘good deals on winter boots..?’ is closed to new replies.