Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Good deals on BB's
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

I need a new BB for my shimano XT M770 chainset I was going to go for the standard shimano XT one but it doesnt seem to be in stock any where. any recommendations ?

I may even go for a ceramic if I can get it for a good price.

Does anyone know if the blackspire one will fit ?
    Click Here

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Actually should I just get the hope ceramic ?

Anyone had any problems with it ? I can get it for £75 from CRC with my 10% voucher.

Anyone had any problems with it ?

T666DOM

I’ve got the ceramic BB on both my bikes, smooth running and long lasting. Thought one bearing on my 5 was going but it just needed cleaning, bit of fresh grease and it’s as good as new.

Bearing easily replaceable once they do wear out, and you can always swap them for cheaper stainless bearings in the winter if you want

TooTall
    Free Member

BETD will press out the old bearings and fit better Enduro ones for about £20. Worth it if you have an old set of BBs.

Hollowtech+II+bearing+upgrade

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Yeah I think even if the blackspire one did fit, I’d be better off getting the hope as the bearing are easily replaceable. cheers

z1ppy

I’d hardly call £75 a good deal, and am extreme annoyed at myself for not ordering an SLX/XT BB from CRC yesterday when they had stock.

I do have a Hope BB, came with a bike I bought, it fell out of the BB – scared the hell out of me though my frame was a write-off.
    Not impressed at all, especially as the replacement XT one went in fine and has worked fine since.

Don’t like the direct fit of Enduro bearing, and from m8’s experience they don’t last that long anyway, & unfortunaltely Phil Wood replacement (great) are ridiculously priced.
    Gunna try phoning my LBS, see if they have a shimano one in at a reasonable price, unless anyone else has a reasonable online suggestion?
    (£20-30 price range and decent/reasonable life expectancy)

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Blatant plug, but I have a new XTR970 BB still in the packet I’ll sell you for £30. They’re better sealed than XT and fit XT/SLX, and their £40 at CRC.

Email’s: nickcraig@hotmail.co.uk 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Good deals on BB's’ is closed to new replies.