Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • good days and bad days..warning; long story about forks
  • Dancake
    Free Member

Wednesday was a bad day. I had big plans to resurrect my forks. I even started a blog here

http://halfarsedfoxf100overhaul.blogspot.com/

Anywhoo, the bushes I ordered from the US finally arrived, and after all the prep..well I rushed it and made a huge schoolboy error. I pressed the lower bush in first, no prob on the LH lower, and then to my horror had a lapse of concentration and …

PRESSED THE OTHER ONE IN STRAIGHT ON TOP OF IT!! tried to get back out without damaging, but well that wasnt happening

Dejected, I got the bits back out of the bin thursday, and Put a hopeful message on here asking if anyone had any lowers. To my surprise, a fantastic Gent got in touch and managed to get the lowers to the PO ready for friday delivery. Many many thanks to you, SNOWPAUL 🙂
    On to Today, Friday..A good day.

1. Got home early from work after an 8 hr course turned out to be 2.5 hrs long 🙂

2. Arrived to find a brand new Fox RP2 shock had been delivered from Taiwan! (expected it next week)

3. Paul's lowers arrived and without further ado, i removed the old top bushes and fitted my new left over items without incident. After changing the Travel to 80mm, the worse part of my worn stantions are now below the new top bushes and by some miracle I have gone from a crappy F100 paperweight to a pair of surprisingly plush F80 forks!

Moral of the story? Dont give up cheps!

Loving the NRS with the RP2 BTW

off to Wales tomorrow to diappear into the sunset in a cloud of exploding forks and self satisfaction

Konastoner
    Free Member

No sunset in Wales tomorrow, a flood is predicted!!!!

hora
    Free Member

Nice. I like people who have a go themselves, innovation will happen someone in the UK if we all did this…. 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘good days and bad days..warning; long story about forks’ is closed to new replies.