Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WANTED Good country walk near Sheffield for family this weekend
  • PracticalMatt
    Free Member

I've got the inlaws descending on me this weekend after we came clean and told them the wife is expecting.

To avoid total invasion I've suggested we meet them halfway between Leeds & Notts near Sheffield for a country walk, where is good for a pregnant (but fit) lady, a couple of kids (I think they're both nine), some dogs and a winging old bag middle aged lady?

grimey
    Free Member

Clumber Park is nice for a mild wander. Near Worksop / Sherwood Forest.

woody2000

How near to Sheff? The Yorkshire Sculpture park is a nice place to visit, but near Wakefield not Sheff.

Cannon Hall nr Barnsley is also nice

What about Peaks somewhere?

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Yeah I'd thought the Peaks, don't really know the North end of it well though.

Suggestions of somewhere with parking that's easy for us to find from opposite directions?

woody2000

Wander round Ladybower?

ebygomm
    Free Member

Padley gorge area? Meet at surprise view parking.

Might be heaving in this weather I suppose

stevew
    Free Member

Second for Clumber Park too.

How about Monsal Dale in the White Peak, fairly accessible, pub, cafe, ice cream van etc

Richie_B

Its a bit closer to you but Bretton Hall (The Yorkshire Sculpture Park) is easily accessible off the motorway, good walking and plenty of space for kids to run about

TPTcruiser

Silkstone. There's a marching brass band competition on Saturday afternoon. Well entertaining. Not far off Barnsley junction. Cannon Hall if its not the the kid's taste or TPT Wigfield farm, Wentworth Castle/Stainborough Park!

TPTcruiser

Rother Valley Country Park also good circular walk around the lake and watching the water skiers falling.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WANTED Good country walk near Sheffield for family this weekend’ is closed to new replies.