Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Good, cheap cycling specific clothes for children…
  • lister

I’m after some cheap (cos they won’t fit for long) thermals and cycling trousers for my 6 year old son (who’s the size of an 8 year old). He’s getting into off roading and has done a cyclo cross race but didn’t really have the kit to be warm without wearing baggy waterproofs etc…

Searching CRC and Wiggle doesn’t bring much joy and Islabikes stuff is expensive!

Any good brands to look for?

TomB

Got a mountain warehouse near you? I get most of my kids(3 and 5) stuff from there, just bought waterproof winter boots/hiking boots yesterday @ £15 a pair, and have lots of their thermals. They may sell online? It’s like Tog24, own brand stuff at ‘apparent’ discount on rrp.

lister

Is that a no then? NO cheapish kids cycling clothing out there?

Dogsby

Lister,

I used a pair of arm warmers on my 7 year old legs; worked a treat and with a pair of Decathlon baggies he was toasty and looked pretty cool. I bought a pair of longs for my 10 year old from Decthlon for about a tenner which have been very good.

Dogsby

druidh
    Free Member

Decathlon?

LIDL are doing kids “ski-ing” thermals on Thursday.

blastit
    Free Member

My 8 and 10 year old’s are in Muddy Fox gear either kids or small ladies from Sports Direct and Field and Trek had some nice Muddy Fox padded tights a while back, been out at Degla today in them. Also had some nice soft shell jackets from Dare2b in the sale £12. Crag Hoppers also worth a look in the sale. Also look in Chain Reaction as I had some nice xxs ladies Kona tops again in the sale £8 I think, also gloves from CRC again look at small ladies.
    Should keep you going for a bit !!

lister

Thanks folks!

alexpalacefan

Get some On One merinos and wash ’em. Be child sized in no time!

APF

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Good, cheap cycling specific clothes for children…’ is closed to new replies.