Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Good Breakfast near Stansted Airport
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Flying to Italy on Thursday and looking to get a greasy spoon type of breakfast near Stansted? Drawing a blank so far any got any recommendations?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

http://www.theblueegg.co.uk/contact_us.html

It’s not a greasy spoon or indeed really that close to the airport but….

It’s Cav’s and Alex Dowsett’s go to mid ride coffee shop… so worth posting

If greasy spoon is really your desire I’m sure there must be one in Bishop Stortford

binners

Surely the breakfast of champions is available……

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pigface
    Free Member

Binners that is to much like a work day, I want to splash out I am on holiday 😆

binners

😀

theaccountant
    Free Member

There is a ‘Spoons in Bishop’s Stortford – The Port Jackson

Opens at 0800 I think

Right next to the car park too

pirahna
    Free Member

There’s a Weatherspoons in Stansted Airport if that’s your thing. In fact that would probably be my choice.

There are a couple of decent cafes in Stortford, the one in the market square is OK, or the one opposite Halfords at the other end of the high street is better.

I’d suggest parking in Waitrose, it’s free. Everything else you have to pay for.

binners

Go for Weatherspoons. You can have a pint or 5 to wash your breakfast down, then maybe nip outside to shout at some buses, or start a fight?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There’s a Weatherspoons in Stansted Airport if that’s your thing. In fact that would probably be my choice.

If you decide to do this, then leave yourself a LOT of time. Stansted airport is hideous and getting worse. The new owners appear to be changing it into a big retail warehouse. Once you’ve battled your way through an enormous ‘world of duty free’, you get spat out into a small amount of space by more shops and food outlets. The weatherspoons is there and will no doubt have a queue. Meanwhile, 90% of the available space is now fenced off as more ‘retail opportunities’ are constructed. It truly is a vile place now.

Oh, I was there Friday, so it’s all up to date news!

binners

A Weatherspoons in an airport isn’t really a proper Weatherspoons really, is it. I doubt you get that distinct and unique experience you do in their other hostelries. Were there many people there staring about wild-eyed, having conversations with themselves, while everyone desperately tries to avoid eye contact with them. Were there actually people nipping outside, periodically, to shout at buses? Or people sat alone, staring blankly into space, contemplating the empty meaningless of their lives?

fogliettaz
    Free Member

+1 Blue Egg.

poolman
    Free Member

Yes I flew out of stansted 2 weeks ago a truly awful experience. 90% flights are ry so u can judge
    yourself. Never again.

curto80
    Free Member

The breakfast in the hotel is alright. No doubt they do “walk-ups”, as it’s known in the trade.

Nonsense
    Free Member

I live nearby. Yeomans cafe (decent breakfast) or Linden House hotel (posh/pricey) in Stansted Mountfitchet or Homeandeat.com in Bishops Stortford. Don’t eat at the airport it’s soul destroying.

theaccountant
    Free Member

Anywhere has to be cheaper than my hotel tonight – Intercontinental Paris Le Grand €440 a night and then €45 for breakfast!!

Needless to say I’m not staying here at my expense……

Would definitely agree with any of the recommendations above for Stortford (speaking as a long time resident)

Though if you want a real greasy spoon experience – and quite possibly a fight – there is always Harlow, a mere 10 minutes further south…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Good Breakfast near Stansted Airport’ is closed to new replies.