Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Good breakfast near Glastonbury town.
  • andymc06
    Free Member

I’m off to Somerset for the weekend with the family. Staying in a Premier Inn at Glastonbury but don’t fancy the ropey prison grade breakfast. Can anyone recommend a decent place to get breakfast nearby?

Cheers

Andy

oldfart

Depends how far you want to go . Sweets Tea Room at Westhay does a proper job ! About 15 – 20 minutes by car or 30 – 40 minutes by bike . Lovely ride from Premier Inn ( once you get pass industrial estate where Premier Inn is ! ) through a nature reserve on a disused railway line . Then by the time you start heading back the Railway pub at Ashcott Corner will be open for cider ! :DRight on the cycle path .Where you’re staying is not actually in Glastonbury anyway so you may as well travel . Sweets attracts most of Somersets cyclists most weekends so that gives you an idea. Any more info give us a shout .

CountZero

There’s Heaphy’s right in the centre, open from 9.00am Monday to Sunday: http://www.heaphys.net
    If I’m in Glastonbury, it’s where I always go for coffee and cake.

andymc06
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Sadly I won’t have a bike with me due to family demands but several good suggestions for grub!

2-sevens-clash
    Free Member

Not sure about breakfast, but for dinner curry at The Two Idiots was excellent last weekend.

theotherjonv

Not sure of names, but when I visited it seemed every third shop was a cafe / ice cream parlour / veggie tofu outlet of some sort. Lots of choice, you’ll have no probs finding sth better than the Travelodge one.

Fwiw, if every third is a cafe, every second is a hippie clothes shop, and the rest sell beads, crystals, dream catchers and other assorted Glastonbury fare. I enjoyed visiting but living there would be testing, if you needed to get your hands on a 40w lightbulb at short notice for example 😉

CountZero

Fwiw, if every third is a cafe, every second is a hippie clothes shop, and the rest sell beads, crystals, dream catchers and other assorted Glastonbury fare. I enjoyed visiting but living there would be testing, if you needed to get your hands on a 40w lightbulb at short notice for example

I took a couple of Japanese girls down to Wells and Glastonbury last month, and they weren’t terribly impressed by all the hippy tat that infests the place. Both just turned twenty, just as a reference.
    They enjoyed the cathedral and the Tor, though.
    And I’d hate to live in Glastonbury, but I do like Wells, I wouldn’t mind living there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Good breakfast near Glastonbury town.’ is closed to new replies.