Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Good books/resources on graphic design?
  • grumm
    Free Member

I do quite a bit of design stuff at work, due to having a reasonable eye and being able to use Photoshop – but I would like to learn it more betterer innit. Is there a book out there which is going to help me learn fundamental principles etc, as well as some practical stuff?

Any good websites, forums etc I should know about?

Ta

(ps can I also have a lecture about taking the food from starving designers etc – I do love them 😉 )

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Hey grum I used to work mostly in graphics before becoming a portrait artist full time. What version of PS have you got and what do you mostly design?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Hey grum I used to work mostly in graphics before becoming a portrait artist full time. What version of PS have you got and what do you mostly design?

No lectures here, ‘mac time’ costs a fortune, of your employer is using you and not a designer then maybe you want to ask about a rise? Ha ha

grumm
    Free Member

Hi mate,

I am using CS4 on work’s ‘puter (and I have the rest of the CS).

I mostly design flyers, plus the odd bit of other stuff, like I made a 20ish page world cup songbook (which I suspect would have cost them a fortune to get done by a freelancer). I’m not claiming to be amazing at it but I don’t think Im too bad either – my stuff is often as good as things that go out to third parties and I get good feedback on it.

I have indeed thought about asking for a pay rise – they used to use a freelance guy regularly and now I do most of it instead which is saving them quite a bit of cash.

Would be interested to know what the going rates are. Email me if you prefer – any advice would be really handy.

Cheers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Good books/resources on graphic design?’ is closed to new replies.