Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Good book for learning to service your MTB
  • purehardcore
    Free Member

Hi , As the title suggests really! can anyone recommend a good book for servicing and maintaing your MTB..Thanks in advance

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Zinn’s book was marvellous when I bought it a few years back, but it may be a little outdated now…does he keep it current?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Zinn and the art of mountain bike maintenance.

Also look for videos on youtube, maintenance dvds on mags, etc as it is useful to see the amount of force required for things like headset insertion/removal.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Also look for videos on youtube

I find the running in and out of the back garden a bit of hassle with these though. :mrgreen:

Handy if you have a smartphone and can get wireless in the garden though.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with a book, things move too quickly.

I have a tool box with tools in it for Servicing bikes from circa 1999. A lot of it is now useless for the bike I have recently bought.

I’m just looking at online videos and manufacturers websites etc.

Park Tools is pretty good, obviously you have to weigh in to it that they slant every thing towards needing their tools.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I find the running in and out of the back garden a bit of hassle with these though

I bought the iPad holder extension for my Feedback stand – sorted 🙂

purehardcore
    Free Member

Thats excellent thanks.. I will take a look at it later on amazon.. Did think about the Ipad and you tube.. 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I haven’t really got an iPad holder for my stand – just think of the oily marks on the screen!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Good book for learning to service your MTB’ is closed to new replies.