• This topic has 32 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mega.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Good birthday treats / experiences for 15 year old son
  • Aus
    Free Member

Son’s 15th bday coming up and keen to do an ‘experience’ of some sort – he’s keen on football, does a wee bit of riding, typical teenager. I was keen to take him to a Barca game, but horribly expensive albeit would have been a great experience; Man Utd games look also v expensive for non-members. So thinking possibly a gig of some sort (altho his musical tastes and none are quite different) – any other good recos? We’re close to London & Kent.

Thanks!

Edric64
    Free Member

A bit young for hookers and coke I suppose ?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

15? A high class hooker…or a bunch of cheap ones.

edit: doh, too late!

Edric64
    Free Member

On a serious note what about a Bundesliga game aren`t some of those really cheap compared with other top level football ?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Tandem skydive.
    Nissan GTR experience.
    Flight in a Mig.

dknwhy

Junior driving experience. Will be the envy of all his mates.

buy a gift

crankboy
    Free Member

Go Ape?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Was going to suggest a lap of the Nordschleife in an M5 but the minimum age is 16…maybe next year.

hatter

I wondered how long it’d be before someone suggested Jacques Anquetil’s ‘breakfast of champions’

withersea
    Free Member

Father and son trip to Le Mans. Great weekend very good value money if you camp and get a general entry ticket and sounds like you are in the right part of the country for an easy trip across the channel.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Shame about the Man Utd game as you’re in the perfect location in London/Kent.

I’ve heard there a bit crap anyway. Fulham would be closer?

project
    Free Member

Behind the scenes visit to a football club,I hate football but found it quite intresting till some of the players offered their autographs and i didnt have any idea who they where.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Real Madrid? Didn’t think it was that pricey.

Cougar

Wild camping holiday with his father?

thegreatape
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash

I was going to suggest the driving experience.

Or behind the scenes tour of local big club. My lad had a tour at Pride Park and loved it. Saw the police cells and all sorts….

njee20
    Free Member

Flying lesson?

Scapegoat

Clay shooting lesson at West London?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Jedi skills day?

farm-boy

Shame about the Man Utd game as you’re in the perfect location in London/Kent.

Good point, but as the OP has already pointed out Barcelona are the new Man U

globalti
    Free Member

A flight in a light aircraft? Ragging a car experience on an airfield? Trip to Laaandon, go on the big wheel and have a superb lunch at Maroush Express? Day trip to Paris on the train? Canoe trip on the Thames? Trip to Bletchley Park? (Our 15 y.o. computer-mad son LOVED that).

rwamartin
    Free Member

A bit of a journey but….

Wood Park Off Road

IHN

Flying lesson?

A flight in a light aircraft?

I had this for my 18th. It was very, very dull.

totalshell

Airkix.. awesome for all ages… get at least 3 flights and you ll be hooked..

sq225917
    Free Member

Move house to the Peak District, he’ll thank you for that forever.

Flaperon

Day trip to Barcelona / Madrid / Rome / Nice etc?

stumpy01

Day in London? Trip on the Eye and then a blast up the Thames on the RIB experience.

BigJohn

Some form of one to one tuition in an activity that he’s got some interest in will have the longest impact.

And if you can get in on the act too – all the better.

So Jedi it is. Or go somewhere warm and try kitesurfing.

simon_g

Mercedes World at Brooklands do under-17 driving experiences, which can include skid control and 4×4 offroad driving. Brands Hatch offer similar, but a bit more pedestrian.

Yamaha MX school? http://www.yamaha-schools.co.uk/

The climb over the O2 looks fun, could combine with a meal out and a concert at the arena after.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Mercedes World! i go past this place on the train most mornings, looks ace. there is an U16’s experience package too….

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/mercedes-benzworld.flash.html

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

oh frig, sorry simon_g

good shout tho

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

A day trip to a big city. For a 15 year old? Really?

mega
    Free Member

take him to LeMans? (June-ish)
    beer, cars, bbq, no sleep and tents

oh and some quality time together

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Good birthday treats / experiences for 15 year old son’ is closed to new replies.