Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Good Bike Shop in Windermere
  • wombat

I'm off to Windermere for the weekend with Mrs Wombat and would like to "stumble" upon a decent bike shop so I can have a crafty "oh, as we're passing" browse (and, hopefully, purchase)

Any recommendations?

PTR
    Free Member

Just up the road in Ambleside is Biketreks

muddy_tyres
    Free Member

… and just down the road in Staveley is Wheelbase, complete with perfect spot for lunch at Wilfs, rain or shine, plus nice bar next door if you're there a bit later.
    🙂

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

perfect spot for lunch at Wilfs

That's not necessarily an opinion shared by everyone.

tragically1969
    Free Member

That's not necessarily an opinion shared by everyone.

I could go with that, OK food but shockingly appalling service, i dont bother anymore unless its nearly empty.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

For a quick snack I usually go upstairs at the wine shop next door. Lovely coffee and cakes, and you can buy "something for the weekend" on the way out!

trailmonkey

+1 for BikeTreks in Amblesisde, excellent freindly helpful service. Nice little town too after the horrors of Bowness/Windemere.

crazy-legs

Nothing in Windermere itself.
    Evans Cycles in Kendal
    Wheelbase in Staveley
    Biketreks in Ambleside
    Keswick Mountain Bikes in er…Keswick (2 shops, one above the Lakeland Pedlar cafe, one just over the road)

Of the 4, BikeTreks is probably best for shiny kit but they're all good shops. Wilf's and Lakeland Pedlar are both excellent cafes.

On the subject of food, we stayed in Windermere in July and TBH found very little in the way of decent eateries. Ended up going into Kendal in the evening to The Brewery Arts Centre which has an excellent pub and restaurant. Lunch stops were in Keswick, Ambleside or Staveley.

DWH
    Free Member

+1 for BikeTreks.
    -1 for Wilfs.

grumm
    Free Member

Biketreks is a great shop imo (though Wheelbase is mahooosive).

For eating, some friends of mine run this place in Windermere, but bias aside it's really nice and not too expensive.

http://www.ramblabistro.co.uk/

cpon
    Free Member

+1 BikeTreks Ambleside

Plenty of places nearby and opposite for lunch

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Good Bike Shop in Windermere’ is closed to new replies.