Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Good bike shop experience…..and a new bike :-)
  • phil40
    Free Member

I have been thinking of getting a full sus bike for a while, especially as I have a 6hr solo race coming up and I am getting to old to be battered by my hard tail 🙂

Couldn’t afford any of the main brands but I saw that halfords were doing 15% off any Boardman bike. I popped down this morning and they had a team FS in my size for £850 rather than £1000. Was a bit cheeky and asked if they would take the BC discount so that was another 10% off and I use quidco so another 2.5% on top of that! Chuffed to bits to get a £1000 bike that has better parts than any of my other bikes for £750 ish 🙂

Really helpful member of staff who spent time talking through how to set sag etc (never had air shocks) and got me to sit on the bike and adjusted the gear and brake levers till they were where I like them.

I did use a bit of my saving to buy a shock pump, some nice pedals and a track pump to discover they are also doing 2 for 3 on any items! I decided that I wanted to get the servicing for done on a plan, as I am crap and would forget otherwise, so he gave me the best plan for the price of the cheapest plan for 3 years!

Couldn’t be more pleased, and after my recent experiences I know where I will be going back to! Yes I know it is a big chain but a good experience is still a good experience!

qwerty
    Free Member

Name (location) to fame.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Good bike shop experience…..and a new bike :-)’ is closed to new replies.