Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • good bike locks ?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

anyone else worth looking at other than almax ?
    cheers

nockmeister
    Free Member

Nope…

TooTall
    Free Member

Kryptonite M18

A very good lock indeed.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

I use a couple of these

Not light

or cheap

but pretty solid

bol

+1 for the kryptonite New York. My only concern is that as they're so well known and well regarded – and so bloody expensive – they probably do rather highlight an expensive bike to the scrote-in-the-know. So whilst you would return to find your frame and rear wheel intact, everything else could still be gone.

That's a long winded way of saying there's no such thing as the perfect bike lock.

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers for the suggestions, to be honest its for the home so it can be a big chunky thing as its to lock a few bike up

Junkyard
    Free Member

They can all be cut by a battery angle grinder and your frame with a junior hacksaw.
    I prefer the two decent locks [New York above + an Oxford one and a ground anchor ]and a number of other locks. Wheels off skewers + seat stored elswhere. Ocassionally undo stem bolts as well. Sacrificial bike just propped up unlocked. If they want them they will need to work for them.
    Suspect it will not be opportunists who target me so good locks + excellent insurance IMHO.

fontmoss
    Free Member

abus d lock 54

firestarter
    Free Member

ive got one of the abus ones, ive a trelock one i got from a motorbike shop when i lived in belgium which is good and a magnum d and chain but was thinking of a big beast to go round the lot 😉 shame its 200 notes but i guess you get what you pay for

ziggy
    Free Member

I went for a kryptonite new york chain, can lock up to 2/3 bikes with it as 150cm long. Not very pratical to carry around though, weighs 8 kilos!

fontmoss
    Free Member

if it's for the whole lot maybe a ground anchor with all if the above lobbed on?

firestarter
    Free Member

not sure about mounting a ground anchor as its got underfloor heating and i dont want to go drilling it lol

rebus
    Free Member

oxford hardcore, comes out top on all the motorbike mags security reviews

Mowgli
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

i kinda want a dog but mrs doesnt like them ;-(

pinches
    Free Member

Abus Granit 54 X-Plus.

If i lock my bike up at uni, i use an abus granit mini lock with pitlock skewers in the wheels.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Ground anchor discretely into the wall not floor and use an Almax…sorted. My chosen method of securing my bikes

Valleyboy
    Free Member

why not the floor?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Hurling boys:

benji_allen
    Free Member

Abus Granite and Kryptonite New York didn't fair too well in this vid:

Not sure if they're the same as mentioned above.

Almax or Pragmasis are the best bet, 16mm or above.

TooTall
    Free Member

Abus Granite and Kryptonite New York didn't fair too well in this vid

Which is why I recommended a D Lock.

People are aware that some bike thieves have been hacksawing through frames to steal bikes aren't they? If they are breaking them anyway, the frame is just a part and the other components still make it worth their while. Don't scrimp on your building security just to buy a big chain.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘good bike locks ?’ is closed to new replies.