Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Good beer, muddy biker friendly pubs @ GT AND INNERS.
  • ton

anyone know of any…………………
    george??

Smee
    Free Member

How muddy?

Smee
    Free Member

I like the traquair arms personally.

ton

george, we are staying at cardrona on friday and saturday night.
    when we finish riding we usualy go straight to the pub for a few hours then back to the digs at 8pm ish for food and bevvies.
    there will be about 15 of us.
    where is good mate and within riding distance.

Smee
    Free Member

i would go for the traquair arms, then ride back to cardrona along the back road.

ton

what about the pub in walkerburn….
    and what is peebles like on a saturday night.

Smee
    Free Member

The George is a bit like league of gentlemen. I never go to Peebles, but I think it should be ok.

Brycey
    Free Member

jedi

we stayed in a pub with a guy who walked round the pub with his pet fish and his wife had a wooden leg

best weekend in ages 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

jedi that;s Hector and cath at St ronans, did he encourage you to hit his wifes leg with a bottle? spent a mad hogmanay at that place!

jedi

thats it. was awesome 🙂 🙂

we got drunk and was going to paint his fish to look like thunderbird 4

Trekster

Peebles..the pub along from the Indian is ace, very "local" 😉

scotabroad

plenty biker friendly, none English friendly 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Hector makes mean stovies though

Richyb
    Free Member

What about the Bridge Inn in Peebles? anyone been there?

rOcKeTdOg

bridge in has original victoria porcelain toilets, worth a visit just for that!

devs
    Free Member

Walkerburn is one of only 2 places in 25 years of senior rugby where spectators came on the pitch to join in a punch up! They don't like getting beat there, especially when they have drafted in half the Selkirk team to help them out! They are partisan at best, I personally would go somewhere else to drink. Peebles is a good night out by all accounts.

twohats
    Free Member

and what is peebles like on a saturday night

We found it quite intimidating. Lots of drunken youth, the pubs are very "local", never felt comfortable in any of them,

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I'd avoid the Glentress Hotel: good food, crap bar, really crap rooms. good location though.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

MOst Border towns are the same, in fact aren't most British towns like that? When I was a teenager, about twenty years ago, gangs from different Border towns would congregate and kick lumps out of each other and anybody that got in the way or they didn't recognise. There would always be at least one shop needing new windows on a Monday morning in Duns. I think Coldstream, Eyemouth, Kelso etc were the same. Must be different now, probably not that many folk in Peebles nowadays that are Peebles born and (in)bred. I've never seen any bother on Wed eve trips to the chippy, but the boy racers do like to go up and down the high street.

jimmy

Head to the Barrel (or is it the Keg?) in Peebles for a very Scottish night out. Did not like being English in there…

rOcKeTdOg

the neidpath arms has folk nights and give away free sarnies too

ivnickkate
    Free Member

Hi Ton,
    If you go to Peebles, go to the Trust [Bridge Inn] or
    the County for a bit noiser time. The Cross Keys is very quiet these days. The Crown is good but can be intimidating if you are not local. The Keg is a bit of a younger kids club which the Polish like a lot. The Central, avoid as it is a worse version of the Crown. The Tontine, has a cosy bar with log-fire, but you would probably be there yourself, unless there is wedding on.

Diane
    Free Member

Traquair Arms is good

AlasdairMc

Goan – Member
    i would go for the traquair arms, then ride back to cardrona along the back road.

Just watch out for late night driving instructors… 😀

latiric
    Free Member

Traquair and the Corner House at Inners

County, Cross Keys and The Bridge at Peebles

gordi
    Free Member

Dont know the name of it but first pub after you cross the bridge coming out of inners carpark is a must stop at.We have been in there dirtier than Tiger Woods and met with a smile or you can sit outside if its nice.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Good beer, muddy biker friendly pubs @ GT AND INNERS.’ is closed to new replies.