Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • good all day routes around grizedale
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

A few of us from south Wales are staying up in grizedale from this Friday for a long weekend. 🙂

My pal has been before but has only ridden the trail center. Can anyone recommend us some good routes in the area? Any suggestions or weblinks much appreciated.

Someone to guide us would be even better 😀

snakebite
    Free Member

if you have a GPS i CAN SEND YOU OUR SATURDAY SLAYER….

Grizedale, claiffe, hawkshead and Walna…. you may be too tired for a beer after..

wonnyj
    Free Member

Good man, I’m sure we’ll have one between us.

Email is jjw1001@gmail.com

Thanks
    Jonny

al2000

Good move – it’s a quality route.

vermillion
    Free Member

OK,,here’s a cracker.if you start at waterpark SE bank of Coniston,road south to Nibthwaite grange,turn left(east)tarmac climb to bridleway to Ickenthwaite(great fun)Road to church at Rusland..bridleway to Force mills,,road to satterthwaite..Bridleway(breasty haw and great wood)east towaards out dubs tarn(south of esthwaite)Road north then east at south end of esthwaite water towards Near sawrey..Bridleway north past moss eccles tarn to long height..bridleway west to Colthouse..Head to Hawkshead then in the village find bridleway(climb) towards hawkshead hall park then Moortop…Fireroad to Heald brow pasture then bridleway to low parkermoor then once you’ve taken in the views over coniston water take the fantastic bridleway downhill to High Nibthwaite,,left and you’re back at car.A good 25+ miles and a full day unless you go at racing pace

wonnyj
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Any more for any more?

snakebite
    Free Member

Did you get my mail ok?

grum
    Free Member

You can’t really fail on BWs in Grizedale IMO. Just make sure you include the Parkamoor-NIbthwaite descent. Breasty Haw is ace too.

Vermillions route would be pretty good. I would normally do something similar but starting/finishing at the VC and using the first bits of the NF trail to get towards Parkamoor. There is a great fairly techy BW descent to the VC you can finish with as well, on an old riverbed.

tandemwarriors

Slight hijack, but me and Mrs tandemwarriors are also in Grizedale this weekend, staying in the camping pods for a friends birthday biking bash. I’ve done a few rides round there but am reading the routes with interest.

Also any pub recommendations for eating at night, budget end of the scale?

Hijack over!
    Thanks, Rob

wonnyj
    Free Member

That’s a welcome hijack re decent pubs. (although there definitely wasn’t a shortage of decent pubs serving decent food last time i was in the lakes)

I will look out for tandems at the weekend.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘good all day routes around grizedale’ is closed to new replies.